Interdisciplinary Studies Major
We know. Deciding on the perfect major can be difficult, even impossible if the path you want to follow requires knowledge of a wide range of subject matter. That’s why we developed the interdisciplinary studies major, which gives you the freedom to design a unique academic program to serve your particular interests and professional goals.
A major in interdisciplinary studies requires that you choose three areas of concentration and include a minimum of 15 credit hours from each program, of which at least nine credit hours must be core courses defined by the department where each concentration is housed.
So, this leaves you with a choice. Which three will it be? Art, graphic design and multimedia communication? Economics, women’s studies and psychology? Journalism, PJCS (peace, justice and conflict studies) and environmental science? Your options are endless.
Number of majors that you will choose to design your program
of Goshen College students study abroad
average salary of GC graduates 10 years out
Students & Alumni
Majors & Minors
- Accounting Major & Minor
- Agroecology Minor
- American Sign Language Minor
- American Sign Language Education Major
- Anabaptist-Mennonite Studies Minor
- Art Major & Minor
- Bible and Religion Major & Minor
- Biology Major
- Broadcasting Major & Minor
- Business Major & Minor
- Chemistry Major & Minor
- Communication Major & Minor
- Computer Science Major & Minor
- Conflict Transformation Studies Minor
- Education: Elementary Major
- Education: Secondary Program
- Engineering Physics Major - New!
- English Major & Minor
- Entrepreneurship Minor
- Environmental & Marine Science Major - New!
- Exercise Science Major & Minor
- Film Production Major
- Global Economics Minor
- Graphic Design Track & Minor
- Health Minor
- History Major & Minor
- Informatics Major & Minor
- Information Technology Major & Minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- International Studies Minor
- Journalism Major & Minor
- Marketing Major & Minor
- Mathematics Major & Minor
- Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Major
- Multimedia Communication Minor
- Music Major & Minor
- Music for Social Change Minor & Track - New!
- Musical Theater Minor - New!
- Nursing Major
- Peace and Justice Studies Minor
- Peace, Justice and Conflict Studies Major
- Philosophy Minor
- Physical Education Major & Minor
- Physics Major
- Piano Pedagogy Minor
- Political Studies Minor
- Pre-Architecture Track
- Pre-Law Minor
- Pre-Dentistry Track
- Pre-Medicine Track
- Pre-Pharmacy Track
- Pre-Physical Therapy Track
- Pre-Veterinary Track
- Psychology Major & Minor
- Public Relations Major & Minor
- Recreation and Sport Minor
- Sign Language Interpreting Major - New!
- Social Policy Minor
- Social Work Major
- Sociology Major & Minor
- Spanish Major & Minor
- Sport Management Minor
- Sustainability Management Major & Minor - New!
- Sustainability Studies Major & Minor - New!
- Sustainable Food Systems Major - New!
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Major & Minor
- Theater Major & Minor
- Theological Studies and Christian Ministries Minor
- Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
- Writing Major & Minor