News & Events
Four alumni to recieve honors at Homecoming Weekend
The 2016 Goshen College Culture for Service Awards will be presented to Ellah Wakatama Allfrey ’88 and Dr. Doug Schwartzentruber ’78. The 2016 Dr. Ruth Gunden Champion of Character Award will go to Aletha Stahl ’89, and the Dr. Roman Gingerich Champion of Character Award will go to James Gingerich ’66.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- September 22, 2016 - Ellah Wakatama Allfrey, John Freeman, Aleksander Hemon and Aminatta Forna, four internationally-acclaimed and award-winning writers, will take part in a conversation at Goshen College on Thursday, Oct. 6 at 7:30 p.m. in the Newcomer Center, Room 17. The event is free and open to the public.
- September 21, 2016 - The Goshen College Theater Department will perform “Party Favors,” the winning play in the 2016 Goshen College Peace Play Contest, during Homecoming Weekend on Oct. 7 at 8 p.m., Oct. 8 at 4 p.m. and Oct. 9 at 2 p.m. in the college’s Umble Center.
- September 20, 2016 - Since it was founded in 1894, Goshen College has cultivated a long tradition of peacemaking.
- September 20, 2016 - From Sept. 26 - 30, Goshen College will waive application fees as part of the statewide College GO! Week, sponsored by Learn More Indiana.
- September 19, 2016 - Marc Cohn, a Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter, will come to Goshen for a Performing Arts Series concert in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 7:30 p.m. This show will be part of Cohn’s 25th anniversary concert tour.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- September 22, 2016 - Kate Stoltzfus '05 and Kelly Shenk Koontz '08 were named to Mennonite Economic Development Agency's list of 'Ten Young Women Changing the World'
- September 17, 2016 - "Studying vocal performance at Goshen College taught me how to read an audience and shape my performance. Spending years on stage gave me speaking and presenting skills that I wouldn't otherwise have."
- September 16, 2016 - How Nicole Bauman '08 helped turn a vacant lot was turned into a thriving farm.
- September 9, 2016 - Goshen environmental educator Paul Steury would like to see a greener Goshen, and he’s seeking the help of the Goshen City Council to try and make it happen.
- August 18, 2016 - Leslee Smucker graduated from Goshen College in 2009 with a music major and an art minor, and took the interdisciplinary spirit of a liberal arts education into a new project called “Personae” that explores the musical and literary style of the poet Ezra Pound.