News & Events
Google awards GC women’s computer science group $8,500 for IgniteCS program
Goshen College’s Digital Eve group received an $8,500 grant from Google’s IgniteCS program, an initiative that supports student groups that are committed to developing and delivering a computer science outreach program in their community. GC’s program is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2016.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- June 24, 2016 - We asked incoming first-year students why they chose Goshen College. Here are some of their answers.
- June 16, 2016 - The 10 retiring employees who said goodbye to Goshen College this year spent a considerable amount of time on campus (173 years, in fact, as employees). A few of the retirees have highlighted memories from GC — whether as a student or employee — that made their time here unforgettable.
- June 9, 2016 - President Barack Obama was only in Elkhart for about five hours last week, but his short visit will be a lasting memory for some in the Goshen College community.
- June 7, 2016 - The Goshen College athletic department picked up another laurel in its mission to develop student-athletes athletically, academically, and as individuals of character in the community when the NAIA recognized more than 20 Maple Leafs as Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athletes.
- May 19, 2016 - Students at Goshen College’s video production company, FiveCore Media, have received two Telly Awards and were nominated for a regional Emmy award this spring.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- June 27, 2016 - After suffering the recent deaths of his parents, vocalist Idris Busari '13 reacted to adversity the way many creatives do — he turned his attention to his craft.
- June 20, 2016 - Rushika Perera '95, an assistant professor of virology at CSU, recently won a 2016 Boettcher Foundation Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Award, one of 10 in Colorado, for her studies of mosquito-borne viruses at Colorado State University.
- June 17, 2016 - Jim Marks '67, was named White Pigeon, Michigan, Citizen of the Year. Jim is a retired teacher, coach, administrator and guidance director for Westview School Corporation in Topeka, Ind., where he worked for 43 years.
- June 17, 2016 - Sarah Tapia '12, who recently graduated from Valparaiso Law School, is featured in this New York Times article about the high cost and few available jobs for law school graduates.
- June 16, 2016 - GC alumni involved with the creation of a new Mennonite song collection include Bradley Kauffman '96, Amy Gingerich '99, Adam Tice '02, Katie Graber '99, Emily Grimes '14 and SaeJin Lee '11.