News & Events
From the Maple City to Microsoft: Raj Biyani ’92 to speak at 117th commencement
Raj Biyani, managing director for Microsoft IT India and a 1992 Goshen College graduate, will be the speaker at Goshen College’s 117th commencement ceremony on Sunday, April 26 at 3 p.m. in the Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center. His speech is titled “From the Maple City to Cyberabad: What I wish I had known at graduation.”
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- April 21, 2015 - Dr. Kenneth Newbold, associate vice provost for research and scholarship at James Madison University (JMU) in Harrisonburg, Virginia, has been named provost at Goshen College, President James E. Brenneman announced. Dr. Newbold’s duties will begin July 1.
- April 20, 2015 - Chau Bui, a broadcasting major from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, who graduates this week, came to Goshen with a desire to tell stories.
- April 14, 2015 - Goshen College students involved with campus publications were recently honored for their work at the Indiana Collegiate Press Association (ICPA) competition for print media. ICPA presented awards at its annual conference on April 11 in Indianapolis. Among the winners were staff members of The Record, the student newspaper, and Red Cents, the student arts journal.
- April 13, 2015 - The College of Wooster Department of Theater and Teatro Travieso will present “Women of Ciudad Juárez” on April 22 at 8 p.m. in Goshen College’s Umble Center. The hour-long performance will be followed by a talkback session with the director and actors.
- April 10, 2015 - Four million people are expected to tune in to “A Prairie Home Companion” on Saturday, May 2, which will broadcast live from Goshen College at 5:45 p.m. Garrison Keillor will return to the Sauder Concert Hall stage as part of the Performing Arts Series to present this popular radio show, which airs on more than 500 public radio stations around the world.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- April 15, 2015 - The IHSAA honored Jay Smith '74 as its Outstanding Girls Basketball Official in 2001 and as its Outstanding Boys Basketball Official in 2010.
- April 13, 2015 - Suzanne Bishop '84 is a founding member of two guilds in Goshen, clay and photography.
- April 6, 2015 - Jodi H. Beyeler reflects on Easter and when her 3-year-old talks about death.
- April 3, 2015 - A neighborhood garden in Goshen creates camaraderie.
- March 30, 2015 - Greg Drescher '82, assistant superintendent for instruction with Warren County Public Schools, was announced the district’s new superintendent at a special meeting Thursday evening.