News & Events
Goshen College to add men's and women's golf, men's volleyball in 2018
Goshen College plans to increase its varsity sports offerings to 16 when it reintroduces a golf program that dates to 1962 and becomes the fifth four-year school and second NAIA men's program in Indiana to sponsor intercollegiate men's varsity volleyball, the GC Athletic Department announced Friday.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- December 2, 2016 - Students have less than a month to apply for admission and to be eligible for Goshen College’s top scholarships for the 2016-17 school year. The priority application deadline is Dec. 15, 2016.
- November 30, 2016 - Goshen College was named an honorable mention Bike Friendly Campus by the League of American Bicyclists.
- November 22, 2016 - Goshen College President James E. Brenneman joined more than 200 college and university presidents around the nation by signing a statement calling for the continuation of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
- November 22, 2016 - Cherish the Ladies, an all-female Irish-American band, will perform a Celtic Christmas concert in Goshen College Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall on Dec. 13 as part of the 2016-17 Performing Arts Series.
- November 21, 2016 - Goshen College Professor Emeritus of History James (Jim) R. Hertzler, 82, died Nov. 18 at his Goshen home after an extended illness. He taught at Goshen College for 33 years, from 1966 until retiring in 1999.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- December 2, 2016 - NorthWood High School Principal David Maugel '92 was recently named Indiana Association of School Principals' Principal of the Year for District 2. District 2 comprises the counties of Elkhart, Fulton, Kosciusko, LaPorte, Marshall, Pulaski, St. Joseph and Starke.
- December 1, 2016 - Dr. Joseph Manickam has been appointed as the ninth president of Hesston College following a unanimous vote from the Hesston College Board of Directors and the Mennonite Education Agency (MEA) board. He will assume office on July 1, 2017.
- November 30, 2016 - Karen Kreider Yoder '78, with help from First Mennonite Church of San Francisco, made 65 comforters for MCC for her 60th birthday.
- November 30, 2016 - Fred Longenecker '87 has found a unique and fun way to ease kids into potty training with 'The Potty Duck.'
- November 29, 2016 - Goshen has become a welcoming home for several international alumni families.