News & Events
A Prairie Home Companion live broadcast from Goshen College on May 2 to include outdoor simulcast
Four million people are expected to tune in to “A Prairie Home Companion” on Saturday, May 2, which will broadcast live from Goshen College at 5:45 p.m. Garrison Keillor will return to the Sauder Concert Hall stage as part of the Performing Arts Series to present this popular radio show, which airs on more than 500 public radio stations around the world.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- April 28, 2015 - Four million people are expected to tune in to “A Prairie Home Companion” on Saturday, May 2, which will broadcast live from Goshen College at 5:45 p.m. Garrison Keillor will return to the Sauder Concert Hall stage as part of the Performing Arts Series to present this popular radio show, which airs on more than 500 public radio stations around the world.
- April 27, 2015 - May and June events at Goshen College include Merry Lea's annual NatureFest, A Prairie Home Companion live broadcast, a concert by the Steel Wheels and more!
- April 26, 2015 - Members of the Goshen College Class of 2015 received undergraduate and graduate degrees after being encouraged by speaker and alumnus Raj Biyani ’92 to add value to the world by focusing on their strengths during the college’s 117th commencement on Sunday, April 26.
- April 23, 2015 - Take a hike, roast marshmallows or go canoeing at Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center’s annual spring festival, NatureFest, on Friday, May 1, 6:30 p.m. through Saturday, May 2, 2 p.m. NatureFest includes the Turtle Trot 5-K run, hikes for all ages and interests, and booths with hands-on interactive nature activities. Camping overnight is an option.
- April 22, 2015 - The Steel Wheels, an Americana band with Mennonite roots, will return to Goshen College on Friday, May 8 at 7:30 p.m., for a concert sponsored by the Performing Arts Series and 91.1 The Globe (WGCS) in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- May 1, 2015 - Ken Hochstetler didn’t have a grand plan to come back to his hometown of Goshen.
- April 30, 2015 - Jillian graduated from Goshen College with a nursing degree, and credits her children with getting her through the schooling.
- April 29, 2015 - Stephen J. Schrag has been appointed the next principal and chief administrator for Iowa Mennonite School.
- April 26, 2015 - You will be your most creative, most effective, most productive, most resilient self when you figure out how to play to your strengths.
- April 26, 2015 - Back in 1992, Sheila Selman was standing in the same spot as today’s Goshen College graduates — in a line waiting to get her diploma.