News & Events
GC named Indiana Television School of the Year for fourth time in six years
GC was also runner-up for Indiana Radio School of the Year. Fifteen different GC students earned individual awards in 17 categories, including seven first-place honors.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- March 26, 2015 - Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College will host an open house for its Sustainable Farm on Friday, April 10, 4 p.m. until dark, providing the public a chance to see the property and learn about its programs.
- March 23, 2015 - April 2015 events include the EARTHTONES Concert, a student performance of Goshen Monologues, the GC Symphony Orchestra Spring Concert, and the 117th annual Commencement Weekend activities.
- March 19, 2015 - Whether its members are sharing a meal together, singing “Home on the Range” as is tradition, or providing financial support, the Goshen Rotary Club has enabled GC students from Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Iran, Korea, Mongolia and various other countries to learn about the Goshen community and establish relationships with its leaders. In the past 53 years, the Rotary Club has provided scholarships to almost 100 GC international students.
- March 18, 2015 - The Chicago-based Spektral Quartet returns to the Goshen College campus to perform Joseph Haydn’s “The Seven Last Words of Christ” on Sunday, March 29 at 4 p.m. This Palm Sunday concert in Sauder Concert Hall will mix outstanding string quartet chamber music with fine art visuals and interspersed readings.
- March 17, 2015 - Sauder Concert Hall will resound with Giuseppe Verdi’s mighty Requiem Mass on Sunday, March 22, 2015 as more than 150 singers from Goshen College and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Chorus combine with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, under the baton of Andrew Constantine. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Goshen College Music Center.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- March 17, 2015 - Joanna Masingila, a 1982 GC graduate, has been selected to serve as dean of the School of Education at Syracuse University
- March 17, 2015 - Joel Jiménez ’01 was born and raised in Costa Rica. After meeting a group of Goshen College students he decided to try Goshen College for himself. He talks about living and pursuing his dreams in Goshen.
- March 9, 2015 - West is executive director of The Post, a Christ-centered youth program in downtown Goshen.
- February 26, 2015 - Dr. Said Samatar, longtime Rutgers history professor, scholar and authority on Somalia, died on Feb. 24.
- February 26, 2015 - Teacher Carl Weaver '69 has been leading an annual Florida Keys marine biology field trip for 42 years.