News & Events
38 things to do in your first year at Goshen College
We asked our alumni and current students about some of the "must do" activities to do in your first year at GC. Here are some answers.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- September 2, 2015 - Goshen College welcomes new employees for the 2015-16 school year, some of whom were hired and began their duties earlier in the year.
- September 2, 2015 - Artwork by ceramic artist and Goshen College alumnus Dennis Maust is currently on display in Goshen College’s Hershberger Art Gallery. A reception will take place Sunday, Sept. 27, from 2–3:30 p.m. with an artist talk from 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- August 31, 2015 - On Friday, Sept. 11 at 7:30 p.m., world-renowned jazz guitarist and singer John Pizzarelli, along with his wife Jessica Molaskey, will open Goshen College’s Performing Arts Series for 2015-2016.
Goshen College kicks off partnership with Glen Oaks Community College to offer RN to BSN program in Centreville, MichiganAugust 28, 2015 - A new partnership between Goshen College and Glen Oaks Community College in Centreville, Michigan, will bring Goshen’s RN to BSN program to St. Joseph County, giving registered nurses a new avenue to achieve their bachelor’s degree.
- August 27, 2015 - Menno’s Best coffee raised a total of $26,695 for Mennonite youth groups attending the 2015 Mennonite convention in Kansas City through sales of organic, direct-trade coffee.
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- August 31, 2015 - Lisa Guedea Carreño '84 is director of Elkhart Public Library. She's also an occasional singer, host of a weekly radio show and a member of too many committees.
- August 31, 2015 - Ken J. Nafziger '63 made 11 trips to Cuba in four years, guest conducting the country’s leading orchestras and choirs, teaching master classes and participating with musical colleagues in a number of joint projects.
- August 31, 2015 - Goshen resident JoAnne Yoder '59 shares memories of her time in New Orleans, Louisiana, in the days following the arrival of Hurricane Katrina 10 years ago.
Rafael Barahona ’96, director of the hispanic pastoral and leadership education office to retire – MEAAugust 28, 2015 - Rafael Barahona '96, director of the Hispanic Pastoral and Leadership Education office of Mennonite Education Agency is retiring October 31, 2015.
- August 18, 2015 - LightBox, a new co-working studio overlooking Goshen’s bustling Main Street, is aptly named. Not just because the newly renovated historic space is painted brilliant white, or due to the sunlight cascading in from the lofty cathedral windows. More so, because the people who work there are all remarkably bright.