News & Events
2015-16 Performing Arts Series to include expanded lineup of big names and returning artists
The 2015-16 season of the Goshen College Performing Arts Series will bring more big names to Goshen College’s Music Center, with an expanded lineup including Ira Glass, Roseanne Cash, Bobby McFerrin, Béla Fleck, Chris Thile, Soweto Gospel Choir and Rhiannon Giddons, among other artists.
Get a daily synopsis of Goshen College news delivered directly to your inbox!
- April 23, 2015 - Take a hike, roast marshmallows or go canoeing at Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center’s annual spring festival, NatureFest, on Friday, May 1, 6:30 p.m. through Saturday, May 2, 2 p.m. NatureFest includes the Turtle Trot 5-K run, hikes for all ages and interests, and booths with hands-on interactive nature activities. Camping overnight is an option.
- April 22, 2015 - The Steel Wheels, an Americana band with Mennonite roots, will return to Goshen College on Friday, May 8 at 7:30 p.m., for a concert sponsored by the Performing Arts Series and 91.1 The Globe (WGCS) in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall.
- April 21, 2015 - The 2015-16 season of the Goshen College Performing Arts Series will bring more big names to Goshen College’s Music Center, with an expanded lineup including Ira Glass, Roseanne Cash, Bobby McFerrin, Béla Fleck, Chris Thile, Soweto Gospel Choir and Rhiannon Giddons, among other artists.
- April 21, 2015 - Dr. Kenneth Newbold, associate vice provost for research and scholarship at James Madison University (JMU) in Harrisonburg, Virginia, has been named provost at Goshen College, President James E. Brenneman announced. Dr. Newbold’s duties will begin July 1.
- April 20, 2015 - On Friday, May 1, from 4 to 7 p.m., adults interested in graduate and continuing studies programs are invited to visit Goshen College for an open house to learn more about Goshen’s different programs. It will take place in the college’s Newcomer Center, Room 19 (on Main Street, across from IU Goshen Hospital).
Photos from Recent Events
After Goshen: Alumni in the News
- April 24, 2015 - Doug Yoder '77, track coach at Goshen College, is an avid runner and organizer of running events in the Maple City.
- April 24, 2015 - Mary Short '03 and Suzanne Miller '11, of Goshen’s Parkside Elementary School, make science fun.
- April 15, 2015 - The IHSAA honored Jay Smith '74 as its Outstanding Girls Basketball Official in 2001 and as its Outstanding Boys Basketball Official in 2010.
- April 13, 2015 - Suzanne Bishop '84 is a founding member of two guilds in Goshen, clay and photography.
- April 6, 2015 - Jodi H. Beyeler reflects on Easter and when her 3-year-old talks about death.