Master of Science in Nursing
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree is designed for the registered nurse who is a graduate of a baccalaureate program in nursing and seeking to be a family nurse practitioner. Courses meet Tuesdays from 3:30-7:30 p.m. The program is built on a tradition of excellence in nursing education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. A distinctive feature of the program is an emphasis on nursing care in a culturally diverse society. We believe in providing care that values understanding the stories of patients, including those who are marginalized in our society.
One track of study is offered: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Why study at Goshen College?
- Develop a personal relationship with professors.
- This is a face-to-face program.
- The director collaborates with students in arranging the clinical placements. Many programs require students to find their own clinical placements.
- Cohort model (students move through the coursework as a group). Encourages the development of long-term relationships with peers.
- Loans may be available to those who qualify and complete a FAFSA.
- See the Cost of Tuition
- See Financial Aid at Goshen College.
- Goshen College offers a 10% discount on tuition for post-baccalaureate programs to students that have earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Goshen College. Learn more at goshen.edu/discount
Cost of Tuition
Costs for 2023-24: $730 per credit hour*
Annual student fee: $350
Number of credits for each year of the program:
- Year 1 = 18 credit hours
- Year 2 = 17 credit hours
- Year 3 = 13 credit hours
*Books are not included in the tuition. Most adult learners prefer to purchase their own books.
Length and Start Date
Length: 32 months (48 credits)
Next start date: Fall 2024
Family Nurse Practitioner Track
The Goshen College Family Nurse Practitioner program partners with many health systems and clinical practices. Some of the major partners include: Goshen Physician Group, Goshen Family Physicians, Beacon Health System, Borgess Health System, Bronson Health System, Fairhaven OB/GYN, Maple City Healthcare Centers, Saint Joseph Regional Health System, South Bend Clinic, and Sturgis Health System.