Master of Science in Nursing
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree is designed for the registered nurse who is a graduate of a baccalaureate program in nursing and seeking to be a family nurse practitioner. Courses meet Tuesdays from 3:30-7:30 p.m. The program is built on a tradition of excellence in nursing education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. A distinctive feature of the program is an emphasis on nursing care in a culturally diverse society. We believe in providing care that values understanding the stories of patients, including those who are marginalized in our society.
One track of study is offered: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
The program prepares students for the certification exam.
- Fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Degree conferred: Masters of Science in Nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner focus
- Includes clinical experiences with approved preceptors (minimum of 672 clock hours)
- Graduates are eligible for certification through American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
LENGTH AND START DATE
Length: 32 months (48 credits)
Next start date: Fall 2021
- The director collaborates with students in arranging the clinical placements. Many programs require students to find their own clinical placements.
- Loans may be available to those who qualify and complete a FAFSA.
- Cohort model (students move through the coursework as a group).
- Students take one course at a time.
Why study at Goshen College?
- Personal relationship with professors
- The program collaborates with students to find quality clinical preceptors
- Relationships with classmates. (Cohort model encourages the development of long-term relationships with peers.)
- This is a face-to-face, affordable program
Family Nurse Practitioner Track
Nearly 100% of our graduates employed in APRN role within 12 months of graduation.
Built on a tradition of excellence in nursing education, this program emphasizes nursing care in a culturally diverse society. We believe in providing care that values understanding the stories of patients, including those who are marginalized in our society.
Learn more about the Family Nurse Practitioner track, including its length, cost, schedule, and outcomes.
The Goshen College Family Nurse Practitioner program partners with many health systems and clinical practices. Some of the major partners include: Goshen Physician Group, Goshen Family Physicians, Beacon Health System, Borgess Health System, Bronson Health System, Fairhaven OB/GYN, Maple City Healthcare Centers, Saint Joseph Regional Health System, South Bend Clinic, and Sturgis Health System.