Master of Science in Nursing
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree is designed for the registered nurse who is a graduate of a baccalaureate program in nursing and seeking to be a family nurse practitioner. Courses meet Tuesdays from 3:30-7:30 p.m. The program is built on a tradition of excellence in nursing education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. A distinctive feature of the program is an emphasis on nursing care in a culturally diverse society. We believe in providing care that values understanding the stories of patients, including those who are marginalized in our society.
One track of study is offered: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
The program prepares students for the certification exam.
- Fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Degree conferred: Masters of Science in Nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner focus
- Includes clinical experiences with approved preceptors (minimum of 672 clock hours)
- Graduates are eligible for certification through American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
Why study at Goshen College?
- Develop a personal relationship with professors.
- This is a face-to-face program.
- The director collaborates with students in arranging the clinical placements. Many programs require students to find their own clinical placements.
- Cohort model (students move through the coursework as a group). Encourages the development of long-term relationships with peers.
- Loans may be available to those who qualify and complete a FAFSA.
- See the Cost of Tuition
- See Financial Aid at Goshen College.
- Goshen College offers a 10% discount on tuition for post-baccalaureate programs to students that have earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Goshen College. Learn more at goshen.edu/discount
Cost of Tuition
Costs for 2023-24: $730 per credit hour*
Annual student fee: $350
Number of credits for each year of the program:
- Year 1 = 18 credit hours
- Year 2 = 17 credit hours
- Year 3 = 13 credit hours
*Books are not included in the tuition. Most adult learners prefer to purchase their own books.
Length and Start Date
Length: 32 months (48 credits)
Next start date: Fall 2023
Family Nurse Practitioner Track
Nearly 100% of our graduates employed in APRN role within 12 months of graduation.
Built on a tradition of excellence in nursing education, this program emphasizes nursing care in a culturally diverse society. We believe in providing care that values understanding the stories of patients, including those who are marginalized in our society.
Learn more about the Family Nurse Practitioner track, including its length, cost, schedule, and outcomes.
The Goshen College Family Nurse Practitioner program partners with many health systems and clinical practices. Some of the major partners include: Goshen Physician Group, Goshen Family Physicians, Beacon Health System, Borgess Health System, Bronson Health System, Fairhaven OB/GYN, Maple City Healthcare Centers, Saint Joseph Regional Health System, South Bend Clinic, and Sturgis Health System.