Page 144 of 299

Archives for GC Community Category

Liz Martin '07
Liz Martin '07

Making the grade: Goshen teacher Liz Martin ’07 accepted to fellowship program, will help craft state policy – The Elkhart Truth

A Goshen College graduate from Wakarusa, Martin found out she enjoyed teaching after spending four years studying business. "I was going to school for my bachelors in business and I had a senior internship that went well, but was really just OK," she said. "I noticed that whenever I was in a room full of kids I lit up and so I told my parents I wanted to redirect my degree program."

Community icon passes: Doc Abel ’45 lived 92 grand years serving Elkhart County with pride – The Elkhart Truth

Robert Abel shoved every once of energy he had into a full, lively 92 years on Earth. He wasn't afraid to serve 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. It may take another 92 years for Elkhart County to recount all of the grand tales of his legacy, appreciate his efforts and thank him properly. The man simply known as "Doc" died Friday, Jan. 13, after battling pneumonia and heart trouble. Yet Dec. 27, two days after Christmas, Doc was still working.