Interested in intramural sports? The GC Intramural Staff works to foster a competitive environment for a wide range of athletic abilities. Our mission is to provide organized sports leagues and tournaments that are both competitive and recreational.
We have a great mix of co-ed sports (Outdoor Soccer, Volleyball, Sand Volleyball, Kickball, and Ultimate Frisbee) and single-gender (Basketball, Indoor Soccer, 3-On-3 Basketball). Over half of the student body participates in intramural sports each year. Scroll down to sign up for your favorite in-season sport!
Questions? Contact us.
Student Staff: Summer Cooper, Dan Eash Scott, and Katie Sauder
🏐 ⚽️ 🏀 🥏 🏓 Seasonal Sports Schedule 🏐 ⚽️ 🏀 🥏 🏓
🦃🏈 Touch Football Tournament (Coed)
Saturday, November 18th at 1PM
It’s an afternoon single-elimination co-ed 4-on-4 Touch Football tournament. You must feature at least one male and one female student on your roster. You need 4 on a team to compete.
- This Tournament is for enrolled GC STUDENTS or FACULTY ONLY.
- We will play one 20 min timed game of football on a 40-yard field.
- Single elimination, running clock, and One Hand Touch.
- Intramural Championship T-shirts will be awarded to the winning squads.
- Must have four players on your roster and wear color-coordinated shirts
- All games will be refereed by intramural staff.
⚽️ Indoor Futsal Soccer League (COED)
League Play Returns January 2024
• Intramural Indoor Soccer at Goshen College is a co-ed sport. You may have a maximum of 12 players and a minimum of 7 to enter the league. You must have at least two women and two men on your team.
• The game features at one time 6 field players plus one goalie. You may make substitutions only during pauses in gameplay due to shots on goal or the ball being inbounded.
• Only players listed on the roster may play in games. Any roster changes must be made with Intramural Director prior to evening games. Roster violations of any kind are subject to forfeit or disqualification from post-season play.
• All participants must be enrolled as a student or must be a faculty or staff member.
• No more than 4 men’s or women’s collegiate players (of any level) on each team, this includes anyone who has played JV or Varsity while a student at Goshen College (or planning to play next fall).
• If a team has less than 7 players for a game, the team may pick up one non-roster player to play in one game. The player picked up may not be on any other roster from either league or a member of the GC Soccer Teams. Doing so will result in a forfeit. All pick-ups must be entered on the score sheet.
• Because this is a co-ed league, and in the spirit of fair play and competition, any team not playing with at least two women and two men on the court at time will be forced to play a maximum of 1 Goal Keeper and 5 Field Players.
🏐 Indoor Volleyball League (COED)
Returning in 2023-2024
Intramural volleyball is a co-ed sport. You may have a maximum of 12 players and a minimum of 6 to enter the league. All roster players must be enrolled students at Goshen College or current faculty/staff. Games begin in March and will be played Sundays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays. Schedules, Rosters, and Rules will be emailed to all Captains at least 48 hours before the first set of games. Teams can only consist of a maximum of 4 Goshen College Maple Leaf collegiate volleyball players (from men’s or women’s teams combined). Teams with collegiate players must play in the A-League.
May Term Intramural Sports Tournaments
Sand Volleyball Tournament (4-on-4 Coed)
Dinner and Lunch are served on the lawn courtesy of AVI Fresh
Tuesday, May 16 @ 1PM – 5PM
**A-League and B-League One-Day Tournament
**2-Men/2-Women per team required
**Not more than 2 players per team from GC Volleyball Athletics (If you ever wore the uniform you count)
Kickball Tournament (8-on-8 Coed)
Thursday, May 18th @ 1PM – 5PM
The deadline is Tuesday, May 16th at 12 Noon.
Spikeball Tournament (2-on-2)
Friday, May 19th @ 2pm – 4pm
**Single Elimination tournament (Open to all)
Dodgeball Tournament (6-on-6 Coed)
Sunday, May 21st @ 6pm – 9pm
**Maximum of 6 players with minimum 2-men/2-women per team
🏐 Sand Volleyball League (4-on-4 COED)
Returns September 2024
Rules are loosely based on the California Beach Volleyball Association and have been adapted for intramural and recreational play.
- All players must be currently enrolled students for fall or be faculty/staff at Goshen College in order to participate. Teams in violation of this rule will be disqualified from post-season play.
- All games will be played on the sand volleyball courts beside the tennis courts.
- There will be four players allowed on the court for each team at any given time.
- A minimum of two players (2-men/2-women) are needed to start a game.
- If two players from the team’s roster are unavailable within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time, the game is a forfeit.
- You must have 2 men and 2 women on the court, if you are short a team member, you must play short…but always represented with at least one male and one female player. You can never field three women or three men on the court at the same time.
- Men’s and Women’s GC Athletic Team Members can only participate one per team and must compete in the A-League.
Outdoor Soccer Tournament (COED)
Returns October 2024
Intramural Soccer at Goshen College is a co-ed sport one day tournament. You may have a maximum of 12 players and a minimum of 8 to enter the Tournament. Because this is a co-ed league, and in the spirit of fair play and competition, any team not playing with at least two women players and two men players on the field will be forced to play a maximum of 1 Goal Keeper and 5 Field Players.
🏀 Basketball League (5-on-5 Full Court)
Returning Next Fall 2024
Men’s and Women’s League
League Play Begins November 5th and will conclude in early December.
Teams must have at least four players to play. Opposing teams may retain five players on the court in such scenario.
Only current students and employees are eligible to play on intramural basketball teams. If your team is caught with ineligible players, your games will be forfeited. Goshen Men’s and Women’s basketball players and coaches are not eligible to participate.
Each team should plan to wear the same color shirt.