- Students must have full-time employee status with Goshen College during the summer and maintain a minimum of 30 hours per week in order to be eligible for summer housing.
- Non-local students who are completing a local internship for credit may also apply for summer housing.
- GC Students must commit to summer housing for the duration of the summer May 25th-August 27th.
- Students who apply for summer housing will have their employment verified before their application is approved.
- The deadline to register for Summer Housing is May 5th, 2023
- There is limited space for the summer housing program and some students may be turned away if we sell out of available spaces.
Rental Fees and Processes:
- Rent is calculated by week and automatically deducted every month from GC students’ wages.
- Students completing internships will pay for their rent in advance.
- A lost key will be replaced at a fee of $50.
- Additional fees will occur for damages to living spaces and/or services required if procedures for check-out are not followed.
- AVI Dining Facilities are closed during the summer, therefore students must arrange for their own meals.
- If employment status changes, the tenant will notify the Director of Residence Life and Housing to receive assistance with check-out procedures.
- The tenant along with the Student Life will review the condition of the living space and account for keys upon check-out. Spaces must be left in the same condition as at the start of the contract.
- The tenant will work with Student Life to complete the checkout process within the provided timeline.
Expectations for Tenant:
- Demonstrate good citizenship, including respect for people and property.
- Maintain compliance with the Goshen College “Commitment for Community Standards” and housing policies.
- Supply all items (e.g. food, fans, toilet paper, etc.) necessary/customary for independent living.
- Vacate space within expected timeline leaving it in good condition.
- Report any maintenance issues to Student Life as soon as possible.
- Keep living spaces clean. Failure to do so may result in cleaning fees.
- Live-in and overnight guests are not permitted.
- Retain active full-time employment (minimum of 30 hours) with Goshen College or rental privilege ends. Only applies to GC students.
Responsibilities of Goshen College:
- Provide a safe & secure environment.
- Maintain the property in good working order.
- Provide a representative to assist with tenant concerns and issues.
|COFFMAN HALL||Payroll Deduction||Intern Costs (Full Payment)|
|Single Room||$85 per week||$600 per month|
|Double Room With No Roommate||$115 per week||N/A|
|Double with Roommate||$65 per week||N/A|
Please fill out an application below to get started: