Eligibility: (Application is Linked at the Bottom of this Page)
- Only students who lived on campus after March 16, 2020, are eligible for summer housing.
- All students who stay during the summer will remain in their current housing location and will not be required to move.
- We will not accept applications for temporary housing or limited stays.
- Students who apply for summer housing will have their employment verified before approving an application.
- The tenant must have full-time employee status with Goshen College or maintain a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Tenants must commit to summer housing for the duration of the summer May 20th-August 18th.
Rental Fees and Processes:
- Rent Fees charged for the student apartments this summer is $65 per week and will be deducted via a payroll deduction for campus work.
- Deposits will be waived due to the circumstances of COVID-19. Students will be charged at the end of the summer for any damages noted during checkout in August.
- Rent is calculated by week and automatically deducted every month from employee wages.
- A lost key will be replaced at a fee of $50.
- Additional fees will occur when rental deposit fails to cover expenses related to damage and/or services required if procedures for check-out are not followed
- AVI Dining Facilities are closed during the summer, therefore students are on their own for meals.
- If employment status changes, the tenant will notify Goshen College Representative to receive assistance with check-out procedures.
- Tenant along with Goshen College Representative will review the condition of living space and account for keys upon check-out. Spaces must be left in the same condition as the start of the contract.
- The tenant will be vacating the summer rental location in late August. The checkout date will be communicated later in the summer. The tenant will work with Goshen College Representative to complete the checkout process within the provided timeline.
Expectations for Tenant:
- Demonstrate good citizenship, including respect for people and property
- Maintain compliance with the Goshen College “Commitment for Community Standards” and housing regulations
- Supply all items (e.g. food, fans, toilet paper, etc.) necessary/customary for independent living.
- Vacate space within expected timeline leaving it in good condition
- Report any maintenance issues to Student Life as soon as possible
- Keep living spaces clean. Failure to do so may result in cleaning fees
- Live-in and overnight guests are not permitted
- Retain active full-time employment (minimum of 30 hours) with Goshen College or rental privilege ends.
Responsibilities of Goshen College:
- Provide a safe & secure environment
- Provide student leadership in the building through the Summer Resident Assistant
- Maintain the property in good working order
- Provide a representative to assist with tenant concerns and issues
- Collection of rent managed through payroll deduction
Please fill out the form below to get started:
I understand and agree to abide by the conditions of this rental agreement as stated above.