Eligibility: (Application is Linked at the Bottom of this Page)
- Tenant must first download and complete the Verification of Student Employment and Spirit of Hospitality form linked here. This form must be signed, completed, and verified by your employer and returned to the Student Life Office no later than May 18th of 2018 in order to be eligible for Summer Housing. There is limited space so Applications will be processed first come, come serve until we reach capacity.
- Tenant must have full-time employee status with Goshen College or maintain a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Tenants must be enrolled in classes at Goshen College for the upcoming fall semester.
- Tenants must commit to summer housing for the duration of the summer May 24th-August 18th. We will not accept applications for temporary housing or limited stays.
- Tenant has provided a receipt indicating that the rental deposit (see below) was made to the Accounting Office. Tenants may pay their deposit at the time of drop off of their Verification of Student Employment Form.
Rental Fees and Processes:
- Rent Fees charged for single occupancy space will be $65 per week. Fees charged for double occupancy space will be $45 per week. If space is available, double occupancy space may be rented for single occupancy at a fee of $85 per week.
- Deposits are collected at the following rates: $170 for Double-Single, $130 for Traditional Single, or $90 for Double Occupancy shared room.
- The rental deposit equal to first and last weeks rent is paid in Accounting Office prior to contract signing with Goshen College representative. Rental deposit is refunded if space is vacated on time and left in the same condition at the start of the contract
- Rent is calculated by the week and automatically deducted every month from employee wages.
- A lost key will be replaced at a fee of $50.
- Additional fees will occur when rental deposit fails to cover expenses related to damage and/or services required if procedures for check-out are not followed
- Spaces will be allocated/rented on a first-come, first-served basis
- AVI Dining Facilities are closed during the summer, therefore students are on their own for meals.
- The tenant can take possession of Coffman Hall at 12:30 pm Wednesday, May 22, 2018. All possessions will be cleared from previous living spaces by May 23rd at 10:00 am.
- Tenants will pick-up keys in AD14 between the hours of 10am-5pm on May 24th. Room condition reports are to be filled out as soon as possible and returned to Student Life Office by Friday, May 31st.
- If employment status changes, the tenant will notify Goshen College Representative to receive assistance with check-out procedures.
- Tenant along with Goshen College Representative will review the condition of living space and account for keys upon check-out. Spaces must be left in the same condition as the start of the contract.
- Tenant will be vacating summer rental location on Saturday, August 18 and moving into their respective fall housing assignments, rent will be charged through August 18. Tenant will work with Goshen College Representative to complete the checkout process within the provided timeline.
Expectations for Tenant:
- Demonstrate good citizenship, including respect for people and property
- Maintain compliance with the Goshen College “Commitment for Community Standards” and housing regulations
- Supply all items (e.g. food, fans, toilet paper, etc.) necessary/customary for independent living.
- Vacate space within expected timeline leaving it in good condition
- Report any maintenance issues to Summer RA as soon as possible
- Keep living spaces clean. Failure to do so may result in cleaning fees
- Live-in guests are not permitted
- Overnight guests are only permitted to stay two nights without permission from the Director of Campus Safety and Housing Operations. These guests must be of the same gender as the tenant.
- Retain active full-time employment (minimum of 30 hours) with Goshen College or rental privilege ends.
Responsibilities of Goshen College:
- Provide a clean space at the start of the contract.
- Provide a safe & secure environment
- Provide student leadership in the building through the Summer Resident Assistant
- Maintain property in good working order
- Custodial support for bathrooms will be cleaned twice per week on Monday and Friday. Cleaning supplies will be provided for space.
- Provide a representative to assist with tenant concerns and issues
- Collection of rent managed through payroll deduction
Please fill out the form below to get started:
I understand and agree to abide by the conditions of this rental agreement as stated above.