Eligibility: (Application is Linked at the Bottom of this Page)
- Students must have full-time employee status with Goshen College during the summer and maintain a minimum of 30 hours per week in order to be eligible for summer housing.
- Non-local students who are completing a local internship for credit may also apply for summer housing.
- Students must commit to summer housing for the duration of the summer May 21st-August 21st.
- Students who apply for summer housing will have their employment verified before their application is approved.
- The deadline to register for Summer Housing is May 6th, 2021
- There is limited space for the summer housing program and some students may be turned away if we sell out of available spaces.
Rental Fees and Processes:
- Rent is calculated by week and automatically deducted every month from employee wages.
- Students completing internships will pay in advance the summer rent.
- A lost key will be replaced at a fee of $50.
- Additional fees will occur for damages to living spaces and/or services required if procedures for check-out are not followed.
- AVI Dining Facilities are closed during the summer, therefore students are on their own for meals.
- If employment status changes, the tenant will notify the Director of Student Life Operations to receive assistance with check-out procedures.
- The tenant along with the Student Life will review the condition of the living space and account for keys upon check-out. Spaces must be left in the same condition as at the start of the contract.
- The tenant will be vacating the summer rental location in late August. The checkout date will be communicated later in the summer. The tenant will work with Student Life to complete the checkout process within the provided timeline.
Expectations for Tenant:
- Demonstrate good citizenship, including respect for people and property.
- Maintain compliance with the Goshen College “Commitment for Community Standards” and housing policies.
- Supply all items (e.g. food, fans, toilet paper, etc.) necessary/customary for independent living.
- Vacate space within expected timeline leaving it in good condition
- Report any maintenance issues to Student Life as soon as possible
- Keep living spaces clean. Failure to do so may result in cleaning fees
- Live-in and overnight guests are not permitted
- Retain active full-time employment (minimum of 30 hours) with Goshen College or rental privilege ends.
Responsibilities of Goshen College:
- Provide a safe & secure environment
- Maintain the property in good working order
- Provide a representative to assist with tenant concerns and issues
- Collection of rent managed through payroll deduction
|COFFMAN HALL||Payroll Deduction||Intern Costs (Full Pyament|
|Single Room||$85 Per Week||$1105.00|
|Double Room With No Roommate||$115 Per Week||$1495.00|
|Double with Roommate||$65 Per Week||$845.00|
Please fill out the form below to get started:
I understand and agree to abide by the conditions of this rental agreement as stated above.