Free and Confidential Services
Counseling, Support, and Relationships.
To make an appointment you can:
- Email Lynette or Conrad directly.
- Call Student Life at 574-535-7543 during office hours. Someone is glad to find a time for you to meet with a counselor.
In case of a mental health emergency after office hours contact the On Call Resident Director (OCRD) at 574-535-OCRD (6273). If a student is non-responsive, call 911. Campus security is also available for assistance (574-535-7599).
Resources and services
Individual and couples counseling – Professional, short-term, on-campus counseling services are available to students on a free and confidential basis.
Support groups – The Campus Counselors coordinate various student support groups throughout the year.
Recommendations for students with a history of mental health concerns – Workshops, convocations, in-services and online resources are also provided by the Counseling office.
How faculty can identify and help a student exhibiting mental health symptoms – This article may assist faculty members in determining how and when to refer a student to the Counseling Office.
Parent resources – Having your child begin his or her college career can be a stressful experience for parents, especially if your son or daughter hasn’t lived away from home before.
Sexual Assault and Misconduct– These pages provide contacts, resources, definitions and policies related to sexual assault and other types of sexual misconduct.
- For Immediate Help and Safety: If you have experienced a sexual assault or have concerns about your immediate safety, you can contact people trained to provide immediate help.
- Support and Resources: If you or someone you know are looking for support, you have access to a variety of resources, on and off campus.
- Definitions: An overview of important terms that are used.
- Sexual Misconduct Policy: A complete statement of Goshen College’s policy.
- Reporting Procedure and Sexual Misconduct Response Team (SMRT): If you would like to explore your options for formal action, you can consider reporting the crime to law enforcement, seek medical help and/or report the incident for college investigation.
- Education and Training: Our campus works toward education, prevention, and training of students and employees.
A Student’s Story – one student’s story about experiencing General Anxiety Disorder and how she chose to respond.
The Challenge of Stigma – three articles by Melodie Davis of Another Way – the Third Way Cafe. Take a look at these up-close and personal stories of living with mental illness.
Shadow Voices: finding hope in mental illness –
fighting the stigma… working for recovery… finding hope.
This website is an extension of the Shadow Voices documentary – with additional interviews, stories, comments and resources. This website is especially helpful for those who:
- have a family member with a mental illness
- are pastors, social workers, police officers, or any others who encounter people with mental illnesses in their work
- wish to be more aware of how to be a support those with mental illnesses, whether that is a neighbor or a member of your church
- are students doing research on mental illness
- are interested in reading incredible stories of courage as people do the hard work of living with and recovering from mental illness
www.freedomfromfear.org – Online screening. Visit this site to see if you may suffer from a clinical form of depression or anxiety. You may then choose to schedule an appointment at the Counseling Office to go over your results.
www.health.org – the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information.
The National Center for Victims provides information on sexual assault.
Remuda Ranch – Information on eating disorders.
www.adaa.org – good information on anxiety disorders for college students
www.X3watch.com – Pornography accountability and filtering options.
www.sexhelp.com – Pornography education and online assessments.