ITSMedia issues new and replacement student and employee ID Cards for the Goshen College Community.
ITSM also prints community cards for the campus library and Roman Gingerich Recreation Fitness Center, and can also create and print custom cards for a nominal fee (see details below). Contact our office at email@example.com or call 7727 for more information about ID card services.
Student ID cards
Online ID Card Photo Submission
Incoming students at Goshen College may receive an email to their goshen.edu address inviting them to submit a photo for their ID card. Students who do not submit an early photo will have their photo taken during the check-in process, or can visit the ITSMedia Service Desk during open hours.
- How to Submit Your Photo
- Click on the email link sent to you asking you to provide a photo for your ID.
- Click on the “Upload your photo” link below
- Take a photo using your device or upload an existing photo (must be .jpeg, .png., or .gif file)
- Crop or rotate the image to meet requirements
- Preview and submit a photo
- You will be notified via email if your photo was accepted or rejected
- Your invitation to submit a photo will be from AV Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org. While the email is not sent from the goshen.edu domain, this email is legitimate!
- Click on the grey “Submit Your Photo” box. This will pull up a Goshen College Terms and Conditions page. You can copy and paste the Goshen College link in another browser to view the terms and conditions, as well as examples of acceptable and unacceptable photo submissions. After you have read the terms and conditions, click the purple box to accept and continue.
- Upload your photo! Your view will look slightly different depending on whether you are viewing from a laptop or phone browser. You may choose to either take a photo with your phone, or upload an existing photo on your device.
- Online Photo Submission acceptable photos
- Recent color photo
- Must be taken against a plain, light background
- Bright, even lighting
- Centered, frontal view of the full face – no profile
- Must be positioned directly facing the camera
- Eyes open and visible looking at the camera (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so)
- Acceptable Photo Example:
- Unacceptable Photos
- Hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure your face
- Glare on glasses
- Shadows on face
- Other visible people or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expressions or gestures
- Photos of photos
- Filters and busy backgrounds
- When you upload your photo, the online software will automatically rotate and crop your photo. You may also receive suggestions and feedback from a software-based bot that will advise on how acceptable your photo may be for this purpose. If your photo has a red or orange header, it likely means that there are some potential issues and that the photo should be retaken.
- You may also edit your photo yourself if for some reason the bot doesn’t auto-rotate or auto-crop it.
- You’re Done! Congratulations! Pending further instructions, your ID card can be picked up at the ITSMedia Service Desk in the Union Building.
- Note: Once you upload an ID photo you cannot upload another one until your photo is denied or you request to take a new photo. The link will become inactive if you click on it again in your email Contact email@example.com if you need a new link, or stop by the ITSMedia Service Desk in the Union Building to have your photo retaken.
Goshen College ID Card Terms & Conditions
- Goshen College issues a Photo ID (“Card”) to its students and employees to verify their identity and manage access to GC services and facilities.
- Cardholder understands and agrees that the Card is the property of Goshen College, and the policies and procedures of the Goshen College govern its use.
- Cardholder understands and agrees that Goshen College may update this agreement and these terms and conditions from time to time as necessary.
- A GC ID Card can also function as an on-campus debit card, linked to your student account, and is accepted at Java Junction and AVI-operated campus food venues, which includes Westlawn Dining Hall and the Leaf Raker Cafe. GC ID cards are not linked to your banking establishment, and cannot be used for purchases off-campus.
- “Munch Money” is included in each meal plan option. For those who do not have a meal plan, Munch Money can be added to your account through AVI Fresh or the “Get App.” It can be used by swiping your GC ID card at campus dining locations. See aviserves.com/goshen/ for more information.
- Your GC ID/key card also gives you access to residence halls, Schertz computer lab, and the Roman Gingerich Recreation Fitness Center (RFC). Access is granted by tapping your ID on the card readers outside of these locations. Access to various campus buildings will be granted to your account as required for your course of study.
- The Goshen College ID Card is intended to serve you throughout your years of study at Goshen College. Keeping your card in good condition is important. If you experience any problems with your card contact ITSMedia as soon as possible. Ph 574/535-7727 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GC ID Card Rules & regulations
- Your Goshen College ID Card is your official campus identification. You should carry your GC ID with you at all times.
- You may only possess one official GC ID card at a time.
- You are the only person authorized to use your ID card. Please do not loan your ID to any other person for use for any reason. Your card could be subject to confiscation if found in the possession of another person.
- Goshen College is not responsible for any expenses resulting from the loss, theft, or misuse of this card..
- Your ID card is NOT transferable.
- If found, please return any ID cards to the ITSMedia Service Desk
*You may request a new photo link at any time by emailing email@example.com, but a new card will not be issued unless needed.*
Remember to retain your card for future semesters of study at Goshen College.
Lost or Broken ID Cards
- If your ID breaks, fades, or stops working, bring the old card (or pieces of it) to the ITSMedia Service Desk and we will reprint a new card for free.
- If your card is lost, stolen, or defaced, ITSMedia will print a new card for you. A $20 charge will be applied to your student account.
For new Faculty & Staff (0.5 FTE and greater) – your picture will be taken by the Communications & Marketing Office (contact their office for an appointment) and the GC ID card will be issued at ITSMedia during service desk open hours. Validation stickers for employees are issued by the Roman Gingerich Recreation Fitness Center. Employees are also subject to the $20 charge for GC ID card replacements if lost or stolen.
Community member cards
ITSMedia creates ID cards for community patrons who wish to use the on campus Good Library. For more information on how to obtain this service, visit the Harold & Wilma Good Library.
ITSMedia will design cards for other official use with proper approval. There is a setup fee of $75 and a $2.00 printing fee will also be incurred for each card. Contact ITSMedia at 574.535.7727 for more information.