We warmly invite members of the Goshen community to join the Recreation-Fitness Center (RFC). This facility is open and available to the public.
The Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (RFC) offers state-of-the-art facilities:
- Three full-size basketball and multipurpose courts
- 200-meter running track
- 2,800-square-foot weight room
- Four racquetball courts
- Exercise machines (steppers, exercise bikes, rowers and elliptical machines)
- Large training room and exercise science lab
Adjacent to the RFC are lighted tennis courts, soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, and the 400-meter Eigsti Track and Field Complex.
- Goshen College intercollegiate athletics (GoLeafs.net)
- Intramural athletics
- The Kinesiology Department (including the physical education major and exercise science major)
Some areas of the RFC may be closed for Goshen College athletics (home games, team practices, etc.) at certain times, so it’s a good idea to call ahead to check. Click this link to see the home basketball schedule.
- The Crossroads League Conference that Goshen College Athletics compete in is beginning a move to basketball games being played as double headers with the Women’s and Men’s games played back to back.
- The conference also mandates we offer locker rooms for each team from 1.5 hours before the game until 1 hour afterwards that are to be locked and secured for each team.
- Please see the dates and times listed below when public locker rooms will be closed for visiting team use.
- The track and gym will also be closed during these times. Community members will have access to the weight room and ellipticals.
Date Day Times
Nov. 3rd Tuesday 4:30 – 10:30pm
Nov. 6th Friday 2:30 – 10:30pm
Nov. 7th Saturday 11:30 – 5:30pm
Nov. 10th Tuesday 4:30 – 10:30pm
Dec. 5th Saturday 11:30 – 5:30pm
Jan. 9th Saturday 11:30 – 5:30pm
Jan. 30th Saturday 11:30 – 5:30pm
Feb. 10th Wednesday 4:30 – 10:30pm
Upcoming Building Closures
November 26th Thursday Thanksgiving
December 24-27 Thurs – Sun Christmas
Dec. 31 – Jan. 3rd Thurs – Sun New Years
April 22 @4pm – 24 Fri – Sun GC Commencement
May 28 – 30 Sat – Mon Memorial Day Weekend
July 1 – 17 Annual Shutdown for Maintence