Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the RFC is closed indefinitely to the public and community.
Effective September 29th, 2020 we will no longer be accepting community memberships for 2020-2021 and will not open on October 12th as originally planned. We will instead offer our 2019-2020 members an opportunity to collect a $50 refund on their current membership. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity there is a link below to an online form to make a request for a refund or donate it to the RFC.
Refunds will be issued by check and sent to you by mail within 4-6 weeks. We will accept refund requests up until November 1st. We hope to welcome back the community to the RFC once the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided greatly and it is safe to do so. Keep an eye on this website for more details later next year.
The Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (RFC) offers state-of-the-art facilities:
- Three full-size basketball and multipurpose courts
- 200-meter running track
- 2,800-square-foot weight room
- Four racquetball courts
- Exercise machines (steppers, exercise bikes, rowers and elliptical machines)
- Large training room and exercise science lab
Adjacent to the RFC are lighted tennis courts, soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, and the 400-meter Eigsti Track and Field Complex.
The RFC is also home to:
- Goshen College intercollegiate athletics (GoLeafs.net)
- Intramural athletics
- The Kinesiology Department (including the physical education major and exercise science major)
Some areas of the RFC may be closed for Goshen College athletics (home games, team practices, etc.) at certain times, so it’s a good idea to call ahead to check. Click this link to see the home basketball schedule.
- The Crossroads League Conference that Goshen College Athletics compete in is beginning a move to basketball games being played as doubleheaders with the Women’s and Men’s games played back to back.
- The conference also mandates we offer locker rooms for each team from 1.5 hours before the game until 1 hour afterward that are to be locked and secured for each team. Please be aware that this may result in all of our locker rooms being used and unavailable at times on game days/nights.
- The track and gym will also be closed during these times.