RFC IS CLOSED INDEFINITELY DUE TO COVID-19.
Due to the rapidly evolving public health crisis surrounding COVID-19, the RFC is closed to the public and community members until further notice.
The RFC will remain OPEN to STUDENTS and EMPLOYEES ONLY via card access during normal hours.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Community Membership for 2019-2020
Membership runs September 9, 2019 – May 29, 2020
- $100 Individual Membership (Starting January 6)
- $200 Family Membership (Starting January 6)
Hours for Community Access:
- Monday – Friday, 5:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- All memberships expire on May 29th, 2020
Building Closures 2019-2020
June 1st – September 9th
November 28 – December 2
December 22 – January 5th (Reopening January 6)
April 24 – 26
- Includes access to the RFC during community hours (see above) for pass holders and one guest per visit.
- Members must be present with the guest.
- All guests should be stamped at the front desk.
- Members receive free access to all GC Home Athletic Sporting Events for the duration of their membership. (Expires May 29th, 2020)
- Members are expected to check-in at the front desk for each visit. Cards must be presented in order to gain entrance.
- Members will be expected to vacate the RFC at 3 PM each weekday and 5 PM on Sunday in favor of GC student and faculty access.
- There are no one-day passes or weekly passes available.
- Lockers and locker room use:
- There are no permanent lockers available for community use. During community hours, the locker rooms and showers may be used by community members, and you may bring a lock with you to store clothes in temporary lockers.
We understand that our hours will not adequately meet all of our current community member’s recreation and fitness needs. For those who would like to transition their membership to a different fitness facility the contact information for 3 other fitness clubs in town are below.
712 W Lincoln Ave
Goshen, IN 46526
201 Chicago Ave
Goshen, IN 46526
1400 Fairfield Ave
Goshen, IN 46526
If you have additional questions about Community Memberships, please contact:
The Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (RFC) offers state-of-the-art facilities:
- Three full-size basketball and multipurpose courts
- 200-meter running track
- 2,800-square-foot weight room
- Four racquetball courts
- Exercise machines (steppers, exercise bikes, rowers and elliptical machines)
- Large training room and exercise science lab
Adjacent to the RFC are lighted tennis courts, soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, and the 400-meter Eigsti Track and Field Complex.
The RFC is also home to:
- Goshen College intercollegiate athletics (GoLeafs.net)
- Intramural athletics
- The Kinesiology Department (including the physical education major and exercise science major)
Some areas of the RFC may be closed for Goshen College athletics (home games, team practices, etc.) at certain times, so it’s a good idea to call ahead to check. Click this link to see the home basketball schedule.
- The Crossroads League Conference that Goshen College Athletics compete in is beginning a move to basketball games being played as doubleheaders with the Women’s and Men’s games played back to back.
- The conference also mandates we offer locker rooms for each team from 1.5 hours before the game until 1 hour afterward that are to be locked and secured for each team. Please be aware that this may result in all of our locker rooms being used and unavailable at times on game days/nights.
- The track and gym will also be closed during these times.