Membership changes announcement
Effective date: June 1, 2017
With plans to increase roster sizes and add several new teams in the Athletic Department, Goshen College’s Roman Gingerich Recreation and Fitness Center (RFC) will be transitioning its mission and operational focus to provide a better experience for our students, student-athletes and employees/retirees, starting June 1, 2017. These plans will help support our overall institutional plans and goals to grow enrollment.
The following changes will take effect and be phased in June 1, 2017:
- Hours for community use: Building hours for community use will only be Monday – Friday, 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. In addition, after 3 p.m. and on weekends, the building will be only for use by college students, student-athletes, employees and retirees.
- New membership model:
- Individual Maple Leaf Pass – Includes access to the RFC during community hours for the pass holder and one guest (primary pass holder must be present when guest passes are used) for a year. In addition, the pass holder will receive two GC all-sports passes good for admission to all GC athletic events. Cost: $200 (more than a 75% savings)
- Lockers and locker room use: There will be no permanent lockers available for community use as the two public locker rooms will be converted to locker rooms for student-athletes. During community hours, the locker rooms and showers may be used by community members, and you may bring a lock with you to store clothes in temporary lockers.
- Day passes and punch pass sales: During community hours, there will be no day pass or punch pass sales.
- Summer: The building will not be open for community use at all during the summer. The facility will re-open on Aug. 28.
We understand that these changes will not adequately meet all of our current community member’s recreation and fitness needs. For those who would like to transition their membership to a different fitness facility the contact information for 3 other fitness clubs in town are below.
712 W Lincoln Ave
Goshen, IN 46526
201 Chicago Ave
Goshen, IN 46526
1400 Fairfield Ave
Goshen, IN 46526
If you have additional questions about this announcement or the details that affect community members, please contact Drew Nussbaum:
The Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (RFC) offers state-of-the-art facilities:
- Three full-size basketball and multipurpose courts
- 200-meter running track
- 2,800-square-foot weight room
- Four racquetball courts
- Exercise machines (steppers, exercise bikes, rowers and elliptical machines)
- Large training room and exercise science lab
Adjacent to the RFC are lighted tennis courts, soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, and the 400-meter Eigsti Track and Field Complex.
The RFC is also home to:
- Goshen College intercollegiate athletics (GoLeafs.net)
- Intramural athletics
- The Kinesiology Department (including the physical education major and exercise science major)
Some areas of the RFC may be closed for Goshen College athletics (home games, team practices, etc.) at certain times, so it’s a good idea to call ahead to check. Click this link to see the home basketball schedule.
- The Crossroads League Conference that Goshen College Athletics compete in is beginning a move to basketball games being played as double headers with the Women’s and Men’s games played back to back.
- The conference also mandates we offer locker rooms for each team from 1.5 hours before the game until 1 hour afterwards that are to be locked and secured for each team.
- Please see the dates and times listed below when public locker rooms will be closed for visiting team use.
- The track and gym will also be closed during these times. Community members will have access to the weight room and ellipticals.
2016 – 2017 Schedule
Date Day Times
Nov. 4th Friday 3:30 – 10:30pm
Nov. 5th Saturday 11:00 – 6:30pm
Nov. 11th Friday 3:30 – 10:30pm
Nov. 12th Saturday 11:00 – 6:30pm
Dec. 3rd Saturday 11:00 – 6:30pm
Dec. 19th Monday 3:00 – 10:30pm
Jan. 11th Wednesday 3:30 – 10:30pm
Jan. 21st Saturday 11:00 – 6:30pm
Jan. 28th Saturday 11:00 – 6:30pm
Feb. 1st Wednesday 3:30 – 10:30pm
Feb. 11th Saturday 11:00 – 6:30pm
Upcoming Building Closures 2016-17
November 24th Thursday Thanksgiving
December 24-25 Sat-Sun Christmas
Dec. 31 – Jan. 1st Sat-Sun New Years
April 28 @4pm – 30 Fri – Sun GC Commencement