Who Should Enroll In This Course?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
• Increase their knowledge
• Advance their skills
• Earn recognition from the global community
• Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to 1 year of experience.
• HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
• Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
• HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
• SHRM membership is not required.
Advancing your career
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you’ll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
• HR Competencies
o Leadership & Navigation
o Ethical Practice
o Business Acumen
o Relationship Management
o Critical Evaluation
o Global & Cultural Effectiveness
o Talent Acquisition & Retention
o Employee Engagement
o Learning & Development
o Total Rewards
o Structure of the HR Function
o Organizational Effectiveness & Development
o Workforce Management
o Employee Relations
o Technology & Data
o HR in the Global Context
o Diversity & Inclusion
o Risk Management
o Corporate Social Responsibility
o Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
o Business & HR Strategy
If you have any questions, would like more information or would like to register, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Goshen College Business Department