Financial Aid

Quality, affordable education is within your reach.

Getting your degree at a first-rate college should be an investment in your future—but not one that will break the bank. Because we understand your needs and responsibilities as a working adult, students in the Adult Degree Program at Goshen College pay a discounted tuition rate. We have created an affordable, accelerated, and high-quality program just for you.

Remember, you can always contact us if you have questions, or if you would like some help walking through the application for financial aid. On this page:

Types of Financial Aid

Federal Loans: Students who have unmet need (after grants have been awarded) are usually eligible for Federal Direct Student Loans. Federal loans have lower interest rates and better repayment options than private loans. Independent students with a junior or senior school level (60 credits) may be eligible for up to $12,500 in student loans per academic year. To apply for federal student aid, you must fill out a FAFSA.

State Aid: The State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana has developed several programs to help Indiana residents with their educational expenses. To apply for state aid, you must fill out a FAFSA.

Pell Grant: This need-based federal grant is available only to students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree. Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, room, board or other educational expenses. Depending on financial need, the maximum Pell grant amount for 2014-15 is $5,550.

Outside Scholarships: Outside scholarships do not come from Goshen College. Instead, they are sponsored by private organizations. The financial aid office encourages students to apply for as many outside scholarships for which they are eligible.

Private Loans: Alternate loans for students (also called private loans) may help fill the gap between the cost of education and financial aid available. (Interest rates are variable; the best rates may require a co-signer) For a list of several alternate loans, including facts and contact information, click here or contact the financial aid office.

FAFSA Resources

Most students who need help paying for college fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to become eligible for financial assistance from the federal and state government. Remember, financial aid applications can be overwhelming, but it’s simpler than it seems. And you don’t have to do this alone—our financial aid office is here to help if you have any questions.

  1. Apply for admission to Goshen College. You can fill out the FAFSA at the same time, but you won’t hear back about how much aid you can receive until you’ve been admitted to the program.
  2. Get a PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education. By requesting a pin number and having it sent to you via email, you can fill out and sign your FAFSA online, which will save you time in the process. (If you don’t want to fill it out online, see instructions for mailing the form.)
  3. Complete and submit your FAFSA. Students should specify 001799 as the code number for Goshen College.
  4. Once you have your FAFSA results, and after you’ve been accepted for admission, Goshen College will send you a Financial Aid Award letter describing the aid you are eligible to receive. Review, sign and return one copy of your Financial Aid Award notice to the Goshen College financial aid office.
  5. If you are applying for Federal Loans for the first time, there are two more documents you need to turn in:
    1. Loan Entrance Counseling interview.
    2. Loan Master Promissory Note.
  6. The deadline for state grants is March 10.


Unlike many other institutions, Goshen College’s Adult Degree Programs have no hidden fees or expenses. Some schools may appear to have a low tuition rate, but then charge extra for little details that can add up quickly—registration fees, parking permits, technology fees and special materials.

It’s true—paying for a top-rate education costs money. Once you have completed your degree, you’ll have more potential for a higher salary, promotions and other career advances that will help you earn more money in the long term. Plus, paying for college is affordable with the financial aid packages many of our students receive.

Costs are listed on individual program pages.

Payment Plans

We have several payment plans for you to choose from so you can find the best fit.

Financial Aid: If you are receiving loans or grants from the state or federal government, you will declare Goshen College as the recipient and the funding will go directly to the financial aid office. Students using financial aid must apply at least twice during the program, and have the paperwork completed before registration. Read more about applying for loans here.

Payment in Full: If you have the finances to pay directly for your degree, you can opt to pay in full at the beginning of each term by check, cash, or credit card. Charges unpaid within 30 days will be subject to a 1% (12% annual) interest charge.

Monthly Payments: Contracts may be arranged with our outside agency for a low-cost monthly payment to extend throughout each term.  The cost per term is $25.  For additional information, please contact the accounting office.

Refund Policy

Read up on our financial aid refund policies.