Commuter Student Leader
Provide Student Leadership to the Campus Commuter Population and Commuter Lounge Space
- Develop programs and activities for commuter students that contribute to social, spiritual, and intellectual growth.
- Call and lead commuter student meetings as necessary to address specific concerns pertaining to the commuter lounge space or to announce and promote upcoming events.
- Transmit information, announcements, and policy from the Student Life office to commuter students.
Establish Relationships & Partnerships with Connected Clubs and Organizations
- Be a friend, listener, and advocate for the commuter student population on campus.
- Assist in identification and referral of students to appropriate campus resources.
- Be a role model in both your on-campus and off-campus behavior.
- Serve as part-time staff member for the Campus Activities Council (Hourly Wages Included)
- Serve as primary leader and contact for the Commuter Student Club
Participate in Staff In-Service Training and Team-Building Activities.
- Attend the fall and winter Student Life retreats and participate in fall orientation training prior to New Student Days.
- Participate in weekly individual and/or group meetings with your Supervisor.
- Participate in any other in-service training sessions that may be scheduled throughout the year.
- Position contract is for Fall, Spring and May term unless previously arranged.
Desired Skills and Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate intercultural openness with the ability to create partnerships with people with diverse backgrounds to learn from one another and work towards equity.
- Ability to explore multiple identities within a community context (e.g., helper, athlete, friend, person outside family context, student, etc.
- Express creativity in a community context of peers for entertainment, communication, learning and play.
- Listening, reading, writing, speaking, and interacting effectively.
- Articulate own needs to peers while effectively listening to those of others (e.g. peer & authority). Students choose best medium based on purpose & audience of message.
- Analyzing, interpreting, evaluating and using evidence to make good judgments.
- Students practice faith within the context of living with their peers; experience God’s presence through and within their college experience.
Salary & Compensation
Commuter Community Leader Salary:
- $1044 @ 16hrs Per Month – (fall-$464.00; spring-$464.00; May term-$116.00)
- Hourly Rate for Participation in Campus Activities Council