Commuter Student Leader
The purpose of the Commuter Student Leaders is to provide leadership for Commuter Student Association and guidance for related governance. The Commuter Student Leadership team will consist of two full time commuter students. One commuter student will work full time with Commuter Student Association and one commuter student will work part time with Commuter Student Association and Campus Activities Council.
Provide Student Leadership to the Campus Commuter Population and Commuter Lounge Space
- Develop programs and activities for commuter students that contribute to social, spiritual, and intellectual growth.
- Call and lead commuter student meetings as necessary to address specific concerns pertaining to the commuter lounge space or to announce and promote upcoming events.
- Possibly represent Commuter Student Association on Student Senate at-large assembly.
- Transmit information, announcements, and policy from the Student Life office to commuter students.
Establish Relationships & Partnerships with Connected Clubs and Organizations
- Be a friend, listener, and advocate for the commuter student population on campus.
- Assist in identification and referral of students to appropriate campus resources.
- Be a role model in both your on-campus and off-campus behavior.
- Serve as part-time staff member for the Campus Activities Council (Hourly Wages Included)
- Serve as primary leader and contact for the Commuter Student Club
Participate in Staff In-Service Training and Team-Building Activities.
- Attend the fall and winter Student Life retreats and participate in fall orientation training prior to New Student Days.
- Participate in weekly individual and/or group meetings with your Supervisor.
- Participate in any other in-service training sessions that may be scheduled throughout the year.
- Position contract is for Fall, Spring and May term unless previously arranged.
Desired Skills and Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate intercultural openness with the ability to create partnerships with people with diverse backgrounds to learn from one another and work towards equity.
- Ability to explore multiple identities within a community context (e.g., helper, athlete, friend, person outside family context, student, etc.
- Express creativity in a community context of peers for entertainment, communication, learning and play.
- Listening, reading, writing, speaking, and interacting effectively.
- Articulate own needs to peers while effectively listening to those of others (e.g. peer & authority). Students choose best medium based on purpose & audience of message.
- Analyzing, interpreting, evaluating and using evidence to make good judgments.
Salary & Compensation
Commuter Community Leader Salary:
- $1044 @ 16hrs Per Month – (fall-$464.00; spring-$464.00)