Commuter Student Leader
The purpose of the Commuter Student Leaders are to provide leadership for Commuter Student Association and guidance for related governance. The Commuter Student Leadership team will consist of up to five full time commuter students.
- Develop programs and activities for commuter students that contribute to social growth.
- Call and lead commuter student meetings as necessary to address specific concerns pertaining to the commuter lounge space or to announce and promote upcoming events.
- Transmit information, announcements, and policy from the Student Life office to commuter students.
- Be a friend, listener, and advocate for the commuter student population on campus.
- Assist in identification and referral of students to appropriate campus resources.
- Be a role model in both your on-campus and off-campus behavior.
- Attend the fall and winter Student Life retreats and participate in fall orientation training prior to New Student Days.
- Participate in weekly individual and/or group meetings with your Supervisor.
- Participate in any other in-service training sessions that may be scheduled throughout the year.
- Position contract is for Fall, Spring and May term unless previously arranged.
Salary & Compensation
Commuter Community Leader Salary:
- $1044 @ 16hrs Per Month – (fall-$464.00; spring-$464.00)