The Historical Commission of the U.S. and Canadian Mennonite Brethren Churches are offering five research and writing grants for 2016-2017.
- Grants of up to $2,000 to support Archives Development of Mennonite archives around the world—one specifically for non-U.S.-Canadian archives and another for US-Canadian archives. Deadline to apply: October 21, 2016.
- Stipends of $50 to $100 for approved Gameo Articles—biographies, congregational histories, institutional histories.
- Project grant of up to $2,500 in support of a historical and/or theological project of interest to Mennonite Brethren around the world. Deadline to apply: November 21, 2016.
- Summer Archival Internship, designed to give a college or graduate/seminary student practical archival experience at each of the four Mennonite Brethren archival institutions in North America. This is a great opportunity for history majors and seniors, accommodated with airfare and a stipend. Deadline to apply: February 6, 2017.
- Research grant of up to $2,000 in support of research and publication relating to the history and contribution of Mennonite Brethren women. Deadline to apply: April 3, 2017.
More information, criteria and application details—as well as news releases about past recipients—are available at Mennonite Brethren Historical Commission.