Kevin Mazariegos-Perez ’22 & Gabrielle Vogeler ’22: Scholarships provide opportunity to pay it forward

The connections between real-world experiences and academic excellence came alive this past fall in the Systems Analysis class taught by professor Jeanette Shown. For a class project, Kevin Mazariegos-Perez ’22 and Gabrielle Vogeler ’22, both computer science majors, partnered with the City of Goshen to create an interactive app that engages people of all ages and abilities with the new four-mile Ashley VanVurst Sensory Trail in Goshen. These creative students are growing in leadership and service, offering this interactive app for free, as a resource for all.

Read more about this project

Kevin and Gabrielle gratefully acknowledge your gifts of scholarships for their education and are pleased to share their app with you too. You can visit goshen.edu/give to see a live demonstration of their app, and download it for yourself.

“As a commuter student, the small community at GC is important to me. At GC I have learned that you can’t avoid problems by ignoring them. I learned how to talk to people and work through issues.”  Kevin Mazariegos-Perez, a senior from Elkhart, Indiana

“At GC, the professors know me by name, and I have the chance to do something that I care so deeply about!”  Gabrielle Vogeler, a senior from Rolling Prairie, Indiana

Kevin and Gabrielle are graduating this year, and because of you, they have the opportunity to share their gifts with others, to transform local communities. Through our academic programs and scholarships, the impact of your generosity to the GC Fund is evident in their lives, and in the lives of all of our students.