Goshen College is a “home away from home” for dozens of international students every year. Students come here from Nepal, India, China, Brazil, Kenya, Korea, Burkina Faso, England, and Canada to name a few. With international students from nearly 40 countries, Goshen feels more like a global village than a college campus.
Steps to Apply for Goshen College
- Complete the application. You have three different options:
- Submit your secondary school and/or post-secondary/university transcripts to World Education Services for a credential evaluation. Applying students are responsible for any fees associated with the credential evaluation.
- Select WES ICAP Course-by-Course (with GPA & course-levels) option
- Designate Goshen College as the recipient.
International students who are athletic recruits will submit transcripts directly to the NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) via Incred: Credential Evaluation Service; please ask the Admissions office on next steps for submitting to the NAIA.
- Send your original/official or certified copy of the TOEFL/iELTS exam report or have TOEFL/iELTS send an official report directly to Goshen College. The institutional code number for Goshen College is 1251.
- If you are a first-year college student, complete the personal admission question.
- ACT/SAT scores can also be submitted.
- Send a copy of your passport information page, including photo.
- Submit a completed Certificate of Financial Responsibility with required signatures, bank statements and letters of support. Learn more about financial aid for international students at Goshen College.
International Student Application Deadlines
Fall Enrollment Application Deadlines
June 1: Deadline for submitting application.
July 1: Deadline for submitting completed applications (including supporting paperwork).
Spring Enrollment Application Deadlines
October 1: Deadline for submitting application.
November 1: Deadline for submitting completed applications (including supporting paperwork).
Minimum Application & Admission Requirements
International students are not required to submit SAT or ACT test scores when applying for admission. TOEFL scores are required if English is not the applicant’s first language.
Minimum TOEFL score:
- 550 (paper version)
- 213 (computer version)
- 79 (internet version)
- or an overall Band Score of 6.0 on the IELTS
- or a grade of “C” or better on the General Certificate of Education (GCE) English exam
Though not required, it is recommended that international students submit SAT I scores with their application for admission. The SAT exam is given in locations around the world several times a year. Students may obtain details of when the exam is administered and how to apply by contacting the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
International students who wish to apply for college should start planning a year in advance of the time they plan to begin studies at Goshen College to allow plenty of time to take the required TOEFL and SAT I exams and to prepare the other required documents for admission and financial aid consideration. SAT test scores are recommended for athletes, as test scores may fulfill requirements for athletic eligibility.
International students not meeting full admission standards are still encouraged to apply for admission. Goshen College takes a holistic approach to admission decisions and will consider the merit of each applicants’ academic record on an individual basis. Additional materials may be requested during application so that we can learn as much as we need to make our admission decision.
International students with diagnosed learning disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for admission to Goshen College, must provide documentation of their specific learning differences to the director of the Academic Resource and Writing Center in order to receive reasonable accommodation.