Home-schooled first-year students must show that they have successfully completed a secondary school education in a home school setting and have met state law requirements for secondary education.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the application. You have three different options:pay the $25 application fee. We will waive your application fee during College GO! Week or if you visit campus!
- Submit your high school equivalent transcripts with grades or evaluations. If these are not available, curricula for grades 9 through 12 may be provided.
- Submit your official SAT I or ACT scores. Our codes are 1251 (SAT) and 1196 (ACT).
- Submit a personal letter of reference from a non-family member.
- Answer and submit the personal admission question.
(It’s only 250-500 words!)
Fall Enrollment Application Deadlines
Nov. 15: Priority application deadline (to be eligible to apply for achievement scholarships)
Dec. 1: Achievement scholarship application deadline (You will need to have applied to GC and submitted your transcript and test scores prior to applying for the scholarships.)
April 15: Priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA.
July 1: Deadline for submitting completed applications to be admitted for fall enrollment.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
College-level credit during high school: Students with Advanced Placement, dual enrollment, or other college-level credit should submit official score reports or transcripts to Goshen College.
Students not meeting full admission standards are still encouraged to apply for admission. Goshen College takes a holistic approach to admission decisions and will consider the merit of each applicants’ academic record on an individual basis. Additional materials may be requested so that we can learn as much as we need to make our admission decision.
Students with diagnosed learning disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for admission to Goshen College, must provide documentation of their specific learning differences to the director of the Academic Success Center in order to receive reasonable accommodation.