Johanna Morford-Oberst ’25

Meet Johanna Morford-Oberst ’25, an undecided student from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

“I’m the kind of person who likes to try it all out, I enjoy everything! I don’t feel like anything is a waste of time; even the SST alts are so interesting. There is so much I want to do here! How can I decide on just one?

I had always heard about Goshen College from people at my church, and so I tried SSTT. I’ve traveled to European countries, but when I went to Guatemala, that was life changing. Doing service on site, learning from the people who live there, that changed my mindset. That’s where I learned that GC has the morals and values that I have, and that was enough for me. I don’t know what I’m majoring in yet, but I know that values like this are important. I am surrounded by people who hold those same values. Keith Graber Miller was the leader for SSTT, and now I take as many of his courses as I can! A liberal arts education is incredible. I don’t feel so much pressure to decide on a major yet. I’m enjoying taking all the different classes! I can take sociology classes if I want to, and it’s so interesting! I’m enjoying my science classes with Paul Reimer and John Bushert. I like that GC values a well-rounded education.

Being here is helping me learn about myself. I like that the campus is diverse, and being around so many different people helps me learn about myself. I am growing on my faith journey and I have fascinating conversations with my peers and my profs.

I give a big thank you to the donors! My classmates and I talk about the opportunities we all have because of the financial support. We couldn’t have come here without it. We are all so thankful to have this kind of experience.

Now I’m trying to convince my brother to come to GC too!”