September 27th, 2013
Goshen College invites high school students with interests in medicine to the…
Pre-med Open House
(Click here to learn about the Environmental Science/Sustainability Open House on the same day)
Are you interested in pre-medicine, pre-dentistry, or similar college programs for a career in medicine? Are you wondering what types of courses you should take in college or how to determine if one of these careers is for you?
Come spend a day exploring Goshen College’s programs in pre-medicine to get answers to your questions. You’ll meet current premed students, professors, and doctors who can provide advice about preparing for college and medical school. Goshen College is a private, Christian liberal arts school in Goshen, Indiana. We are looking for students who share our passion for using medicine to bring healing to our world.
Five Reasons to Consider Premed at Goshen College
- In the last 5 years > 90% of our students who applied were accepted into medical school and last year’s average MCAT scores were in the 80th percentile!
- Our students also have excellent success in getting into graduate school, in part, because we emphasize the importance of getting involved in research projects.
- Goshen College was awarded a $598,000 National Science Foundation (NSF) award for scholarships for science students.
- Goshen College’s alumni are changing the world through solving riddles in cancer, improving women’s nutrition across the globe, and inventing drugs to fight HIV AIDS.
- Our premed students gain international experience – many volunteer to work in clinics as part of our Study Service Term.
Schedule – Friday Sept. 27th, 2013
9:00 Registration & Introduction of Programs
9:30 Admission criteria for medical school
10:00 What can I expect in college biology courses? (Biology professors/students)
10:30 What should I study in college to prepare for medical school? (Biology professors/students)
10:45 Tour of Labs & Research Projects
11:15 What is medical school like? (Medical school professors)
12:00 How can I discern my career path? (Student panel)
1:00 Lunch and optional afternoon visit with GC Admissions