Parents of Admitted Students
We’re thrilled to welcome your student to campus very soon!
Here’s your student’s next steps:
(If you are a parent of an international student, go here for your next steps.)
- Complete the FAFSA. Beginning Oct. 1, file the FAFSA (using prior year taxes) to be considered for all the federal, state and institutional need-based aid for which you are eligible. GC’s FAFSA Code: 001799. Already completed the FAFSA? Skip to the next step!
- Submit the enrollment deposit. Deposits received by May 1 will have priority in registering for classes and housing assignments!
Already submitted the enrollment deposit? Here’s next steps:
- Complete these forms for housing, dining, medical services and more. Is your student looking for their GC username & password? Have them check their email. Can’t find it? Have them contact their admissions counselor.
- Accept your financial aid package at the Financial Aid Portal. Need help? See here or contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
- Make sure your student logs in to their Goshen College email account. Your student should keep checking their GC email account regularly — they’ll be receiving important information here from now on. Need help? See here.
- Register for New Student Orientation. All first-year students are required to attend this event. More info can be found here.
- Complete Online Orientation. Have your student complete this online course prior to arriving on campus for Welcome Week. This course covers everything they need to know to be successful in preparing to start at Goshen College, from paying for college to available academic services to registering their vehicle on campus. Learn more here.
Hear from some of our first-year Identity, Culture & Community professors:
Here’s some key information for you:
- GC login information. Once your student is admitted they’ll receive their login information via email, as well as other important information. Please encourage your student to begin regularly checking their GC email account. Does your student need help accessing their GC email? See here. They can reset their password using this link.
- Payment options and due dates
- Parent Access. Here’s more information on how your student can set up parent access.
Key dates for admitted students:
- May 1, 2022: Priority Deposit Day (be first to register for classes and housing!)
- Aug. 21-28, 2022: Orientation (visit goshen.edu/orientation for more details)
- Aug. 29, 2022: Fall classes begin
Will your student be playing on a GC athletic team? Have them contact their admissions counselor for more information about when to arrive on campus.