Parents of Admitted Students
We’re thrilled to welcome your student to campus very soon!
Here’s your student’s next steps:
(If you are a parent of an international student, go here for your next steps.)
- Complete the FAFSA. Beginning Oct. 1, file the FAFSA (using prior year taxes) to be considered for all the federal, state and institutional need-based aid for which you are eligible. GC’s FAFSA Code: 001799. Already completed the FAFSA? Skip to the next step!
- Complete the Admissions Response Form
- Submit the enrollment deposit. Deposits received by May 1 will have priority in registering for classes and housing assignments!
Already submitted the enrollment deposit? Here’s next steps:
- Complete these forms for housing, dining, medical services and more. Is your student looking for their GC username & password? Have them check their email. Can’t find it? Have them contact their admissions counselor.
- Accept your financial aid package at the Financial Aid Portal. Need help? See here or contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
- Make sure your student logs in to their Goshen College email account. Your student should keep checking their GC email account regularly — they’ll be receiving important information here from now on. Need help? See here.
- Register for classes. Have your student keep an eye out in their GC email account for an email from the Goshen College Registrar’s Office on how to start registering for classes.
- Complete Summer Orientation. More information will be announced after May 1 on how your student can access their virtual orientation experience.
Here’s some key information for you:
- GC login information. Once your student is admitted they’ll receive their login information via email, as well as other important information. Please encourage your student to begin regularly checking their GC email account. Does your student need help accessing their GC email? See here. They can reset their password using this link.
- Payment options and due dates
- Parent Access. Here’s more information on how your student can set up parent access.
Key dates for admitted students:
- May 1: Priority Deposit Day (be first to register for classes and housing!)
- June 30: Federal FAFSA deadline
- Aug. 28 – 31st: New Student Orientation (required)
- Sept. 1: Fall classes begin
Will your student be playing on a GC athletic team? Have them contact their admissions counselor for more information about when to arrive on campus.