All undergrad first year students, and degree seeking transfer students will receive an iPad from Goshen College.
Students who are in a continuing education program are eligible to participate in the iPad Lease Program.
Preparing to receive your iPad
Undergrad first year and transfer students receiving an iPad from Goshen College will need to take some initial steps before receiving their iPad.
Step 1 – Read and sign the iPad User Agreement
- click here to access your personalized iPad User Agreement
- sign in with your Goshen College email address and password
- click the agreement box next to each paragraph to electronically initial each area
- enter in the date and type in your name at the bottom
- click the Submit button
Step 2 – Obtain an Apple ID
You will need an Apple ID in order to set up your iPad and install applications. It is recommended that you associate your Apple ID with an email address other than your Goshen College email address, that way you can continue to use that same Apple ID beyond graduating from Goshen College. If you are from a country other than the U.S., it is recommended that you create a new Apple ID that is U.S. based, and wait until you arrive in the United States before creating your Apple ID.
- if you don’t already have an Apple ID, create one at https://appleid.apple.com/
- if you already have an Apple ID, verify that you can log in by going to https://appleid.apple.com/ and clicking on the Manage Your Apple ID button
- if you already have an Apple ID, but cannot remember the ID or the password, go to https://appleid.apple.com/ click on the Manage Your Apple ID button, and then click on the appropriate link for retrieving your Apple ID or password.
Step 3 – Obtain a protective cover for your iPad
To help protect your iPad from possible scratches or breakage, you will be required to obtain a protective cover for your iPad. Because the choice of a protective cover for your iPad can be as individual as you are, we are leaving it up to you to decide which iPad cover best suits your style and taste. There are many brands and styles available to choose from, but as you choose, be sure that the cover provides adequate padded protection for the screen, covers the back of the iPad, and provides adequate padded protection to the corners of the iPad. The iPad model that you will receive is the 2018 9.7″ 6th generation iPad (model # A1893), so make sure that the cover you choose is designed for this model of iPad. Remember, you are financially responsible for the care and protection of your iPad. Try to obtain an iPad cover before you arrive to campus so that you can put your iPad in it as soon as you receive your iPad. The campus bookstore also has iPad cases available for purchase. Note, this model of iPad does support the Apple Pencil.
Step 4 – Receiving your iPad
New and transfer students will receive their iPad on check-in day, Saturday, August 25th. Please be sure to sign your iPad Agreement, obtain an Apple ID or verify that you can sign into your Apple ID, and obtain a protective cover for your iPad before coming through check-in.
iPad Lease Program for continuing education students
Any student who is in a continuing education program are eligible to participate in the iPad Lease Program.
If you have any questions about this communication, or need further assistance, please contact the Goshen College Help Desk at (574) 535-7700 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. eastern time.