Students may authorize parents (and others) to view their financial and/or academic information via MyGC, such as financial aid, grades, and class schedules.
When a student grants parents permission to view the financial information, this also grants permission for parents to have conversations with the Accounting Office (billing statements, charges, credits, payments, 1098T information and past due amounts), Financial Aid (awards, application data, disbursements, eligibility and missing documentation). Similarly, when access to academic information is granted, parents may have conversations with the Registrar Office (schedule, grades, and unofficial transcript).
How students can set up Parent Access
- Log in to MyGC
- Select Parent Access
- Select Define New Permission
- Check the drop down box and select your person if they are listed there.
- If so, verify their address and email.
- Otherwise, fill out the form with name, address and email to grant the individual access.
A confirmation email will be sent to the authorized individual within 3 business days.
How parents can use Parent Access
- After student sets up Parent Access (above), a confirmation email will be sent with a username and password to the authorized individual within 3 business days.
- Follow the instructions in the email to log in to MyGC.
- Click on For Parents.
- Under Student Information, click on Access for Student’s info, and follow the instructions on screen.
If you do not receive a confirmation email after Parent Access setup, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
How to change/reset Parent Access password
You can change or reset your password here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if a student wants to end or modify a parent’s viewing rights, as well as their permission to speak with someone in the Accounting, Financial Aid, or Registrar’s Office?
The student would click on Grant Rights to Parent/Guardians and uncheck the box in front of the name in which rights need to be ended. A student can also modify the access level on this screen (financial and/or academic).
What happens when the student withdraws or graduates from GC?
In September of each year, if a student is not enrolled, the permission to view student information will be ended. Notification of the ending of the access rights will be emailed to both the student and parent.