Maintaining a safe computing environment and keeping institutional data secure is a responsibility that is shared amongst everyone who has a Goshen College account. There are steps that you can take to keep yourself and institutional data safe.
- Keep web browsers and software up to date by installing the latest versions when available.
- Use multi-factor authentication on your accounts. At Goshen College, every employee and student is required to use multi-factor authentication when accessing their GC account and services.
- Goshen College partners with KnowBe4 for cybersecurity awareness training. All employees should complete their required cybersecurity training that has been assigned by the ITS Department. New employees are assigned training upon hire. All employees participate in the annual training campaign that occurs every October. And additional training can be assigned as needed throughout the year.
- Do not click on random links.
- Do not fall for Phishing scams. Learn about the various types of phishing scams and how to avoid them.
- Beware of email messages or attachments coming from unknown people. Never open an attachment that you were not expecting, and if you do not know the sender of an attachment, delete the message without reading it.
- Keep up on the latest cybersecurity tips and recommendations.