- Power button/sleep button
- Volume buttons
- Mute/Screen rotation switch
- Home button
- Front camera
- Rear camera – 5 megapixel iSight camera
- Headphone jack
- Dock connector
- Re-chargeable battery with approximately 10 hours of battery life. NOTE: Does not charge when connected to computer running Windows. . Only charges when connected to computer running Mac OS, or when plugged in to electric outlet with the power adapter. Leaving it connected to a Windows computer, or a computer that is turned off, or in sleep or standby mode will drain the battery.
- USB dock connector
- Power adapter
- Protective cover – not provided and required that you purchase one! Amazon.com is a great place to shop for covers.
- Clean the surface with a soft cloth, such as a microfiber cloth. No cleansers/chemicals!
- Warranty – The iPads come with 1 year of Apple Care, which provides warranty coverage to hardware malfunctions not caused by breakage. Goshen College also self-insures the iPads, which means that we provide coverage for 2 breakage incidents while you are a student at GC, and there is a $60 fee that you will be responsible for with each incident. If your iPad breaks, or there is a malfunction, bring it to ITS (basement of the Union building) for assistance with the warranty coverage.
Maximize battery life
- keep your device out of the sun/heat
- reduce the screen brightness
- set the screen to lock quickly
- use airplane mode when you don’t need Internet
- disable Bluetooth when you don’t need it
There are numerous options in the Settings area of the iPad. Below are a few of importance.
- Bluetooth – turn Bluetooth on or off when using Bluetooth devices, such as a keyboard
- Auto-lock – put the iPad in sleep mode to save battery life
- Passcode Lock – to prevent others from using your iPad. Can set passcode lock to require a password after specified amount of time.
- Software Update – updates for the operating system on the iPad. Install the update whenever prompted.
- Wifi – for troubleshooting wifi connections or selecting a wifi network to connect to.
- Mail, Contacts and Calendar – your iPad comes pre-configured with your GC email and calendar.
Purchasing Apps From The iTunes Store
Purchases from the iTunes store are tied to your personal iTunes account, therefore you are the owner of what you purchase.
Cloud Storage Services
Google Drive is the official cloud storage service supported by Goshen College. All students and employees will have their own Goshen College Google account.
Office Productivity Software
You will have access to Google Applications, Microsoft Applications, and Notability on your iPad. These apps will be loaded onto the iPad during the setup process.
If you need any support with using your iPad, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 574-535-7700, or send an email to email@example.com