Salvador Escamilla ’21

Meet Salvador Escamilla ’21, a computer science major from Elkhart, Indiana.

“Before my Junior year of high school, I hadn’t even heard of Goshen College. But Rustin Nyce came to talk to me about running, and invited me to practice with the GC team. I had been looking at other universities, but the personal touch made the difference. Rustin took the time to come to one of my meets and talk to me again. I’d like to continue running. I’d like to inspire others through running because this is where I’ve met some of the best people I’ve ever known.

I now work at Beacon Health and I’m using what I learned to help people. I’m not making random websites for some company that’s just out to make money.

I’m happy with my choice to come to GC. I enjoyed the tighter, closer relationships I made here at GC. I wouldn’t have been able to attend GC without scholarships. Thank you for giving to the college that is filling a niche in Indiana. Many people overlook GC because of its size, but they shouldn’t! Other colleges may be bigger and flashier, but the personal connections that we build day after day are more important. GC has character!”