Ronald and Beverly Sherck Scholarship

My parents, Ronald & Beverly Sherck lived in the Goshen, IN area. My father was a dentist in
Goshen for over 30 years. My mother worked in the office along with my father. My father
attended Goshen College back in the mid 1950’s. He transferred onto Indiana University to
complete his dental science degree. He always had fond memories of his GC experience and was influential in my choosing GC for my undergrad education. My father was privileged to have
President Lawrence Burkholder as one of his patients and friends. My father’s GC experience
influenced me to attend and graduate from there.

My parents had a missional spirit. During the Vietnam Refugee Crisis in the 1970’s, the church we were connected with sponsored three boys (siblings) who escaped communist Vietnam. They made their way to a Malaysian refugee camp. From there they came to the USA. My parents were instrumental in helping these boys get acclimated into their new home. All three boys called my parents “Dad & Mom”. Eventually, the youngest of these boys came to become a part of our immediate family. My parents saw to it that he was educated and cared for like one of their own children. His older sibling lived with another local family and graduated from Goshen College.

After my mother passed away and when my father retired, he took several mission trips to different parts of the world, including Vietnam. He would offer dental care to the impoverished.
My father decided to create a private foundation in honor of my mother with the mission to provide grants to faith-based education and development organizations. The foundation board members decided to provide a gift to my father’s alma mater, to secure scholarships for students who demonstrate financial need, including international students. It is our hope that the recipients of  these scholarships will be able to complete their education and use their knowledge and gifts in fulfilling the college’s motto, “Culture For Service”, and be able to be persons who give in order to serve others.

Ron Sherck II – President Beverly Sherck Education Charitable Corporation