Fall Student-Athletes: Friday, August 4, Friday, August 11, and Friday, August 18
FRIDAY, AUGUST 4 | Women’s Volleyball and Men’s & Women’s Soccer
FRIDAY, AUGUST 11 | Men’s & Women’s Cross Country
FRIDAY, AUGUST 18 | Men’s & Women’s Tennis
- Access the full schedule for each date>>
- All student-athletes will verify financial aid, confirm payment for the fall semester, turn in their confidential health form, confirm all athletic department forms have been received, and pick up a room key. New students will also pick up their ID card (if they uploaded their picture ahead of time) or have it made, and returning students will have their cards checked.
- Move into temporary housing
- Parent Meeting for all family members attending with new student-athletes
- Required Athletics meeting for all members of the teams (coaches, students, managers, etc.)
New International Students: Thursday, August 17, and Friday, August 18
- All new international students (first-years and transfers) will have a mandatory international student orientation on Saturday, August 19, beginning at 9 a.m. EST.
- All new residential international students should make travel arrangements to arrive on campus either Thursday, August 17, or Friday, August 18. Flight information should be shared with the Admissions Office once you’ve confirmed your travel plans.
- New international students approved to live off-campus should arrive in time for the mandatory international student orientation.
Meals: All new international students will have meals provided beginning Thursday, August 17, until meal plans start on August 20 (beginning with dinner). Beginning August 21, Orientation will cover meals for new international students who do not have a meal plan from dinner on Sunday, August 20, through dinner on Sunday, August 27. Sign-in sheets will be available in the dining hall.
New First-Year Students & Transfer Students (with 16 or less credit hours): Sunday, August 20
- Residential students should plan to arrive on campus Sunday, August 20.
- Residence Life will email information on how to sign up for a move-in timeslot. Check your GC email for a link to select your time.
- Commuter students will have an opportunity to live on campus during Welcome Week at no cost. Limited space is available. You’ll select this option on your Welcome Week registration form.
- Assigned Monday, August 20 check-in times will be emailed to students via their GC email in mid-August.
- Board (meal) plans begin on Sunday, August 20. Meals will be covered for all new students who do not have a meal plan from dinner on Sunday, August 20, through dinner on Sunday, August 27. Sign-in sheets will be available in the dining hall.
- Access the full schedule for Welcome Week here>>
New Transfer Students (16 or more credits): Thursday, August 24
- Students should plan to arrive on campus Thursday, August 24, between 6 – 7:30 p.m. to pick up their key and move in.
- Assigned Friday, August 25 check-in times will be emailed to students via their GC email in mid-August.
- Board (meal) plans will be active, and meals will be covered for all students who do not have a meal plan or have a limited meal plan, from breakfast on Friday, August 25, through dinner on Sunday, August 27.
- Access the full schedule for Welcome Weekend here>>
Returning Students: Sunday, August 27
- Residence halls and apartments open for returning students at 12 noon.
- Returning residential students can direct their questions to Chandler Buchfeller, director of residence life and housing – email@example.com
- Returning students have their final check-in on Monday, August 28 from 12 – 5 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
Click here to download a PDF version of Orientation Tasks and Important Dates.