WHAT: Goshen College’s 13th Annual Celebrate Service Day
WHEN: Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011 – 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
JOBS AND LOCATIONS INCLUDE:
- Preparing products at Soup of Success, 907 Oakland Ave., Elkhart. Agency contact: Betsy Ayrea (574) 522-6949.
- Building a house with Habitat for Humanity, 636 Laurel St., Elkhart. Agency contact: Keith Gassman, (574) 533-6109.
- Doing work with LaCasa at the Roosevelt Center in Elkhart, 215 E. Indiana Ave. Agency contact: Maddie Williams, (209) 974-3599.
- Packing boxes with food and personal care items at Feed the Children, 22365 Elkhart East Blvd, Elkhart. Agency contact: Darlene Anderson, (574) 262-5227.
- Setting up for the Michiana Relief Sale, Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Goshen. Contact: Lavern Miller, (574) 536-1928.
- Helping with projects at Maple City Health Care Center, 213 Middlebury Street, Goshen. Contact: Nayla Jimenez, (574) 534-3300.
- Cleaning and outdoors work at the Boys & Girls Club of Goshen, 306 Crescent St. Contact: Andy Previance, (574) 533-4793.
Editors: Media are welcome to visit the locations. For information or to schedule interviews and photos during Celebrate Service Day, contact Goshen College News Bureau Director Jodi H. Beyeler at (574) 535-7572 or email@example.com.
Goshen College, established in 1894, is a residential Christian liberal arts college rooted in the Anabaptist-Mennonite tradition. The college’s Christ-centered core values – passionate learning, global citizenship, compassionate peacemaking and servant-leadership – prepare students as leaders for the church and world. Recognized for its unique Study-Service Term program, Goshen has earned citations of excellence in Barron’s Best Buys in Education, “Colleges of Distinction,” “Making a Difference College Guide” and U.S.News & World Report‘s “America’s Best Colleges” edition, which named Goshen a “least debt college.” Visit www.goshen.edu.