Hiring New Employees
Goshen College employees will follow a standard procedure when hiring that includes approval to hire, establishment of a search committee, appropriate advertising to attract a diverse pool of applicants, affirmative action review, on-campus interviews, background checks, and final approval and offer. The Human Resources Office (HR) coordinates the process with the appropriate department and with the academic dean’s office on all teaching faculty searches.
- Hiring Procedures Checklist
- Process and Procedure for Hiring Assistant Coaches
- Advertising Checklist
- Applicant Tracking Sheet
- Background Check Policy
- Candidate Background Check Authorization Form
- Candidate Matrix
- Interview Expense Policy
- Reference Check Template
- Sample Interview Questions
Writing Job Descriptions
Employee payroll forms are required for all new and rehired employees as well as those with a change in status. These forms ensure that HR has the correct information as well as the approval of the department supervisor.
- Employee Payroll Form – Change In Status
- Employee Payroll Form – New or Rehire
- Assistant Coach Payroll Form
Performance Management and Development
The ultimate goal for the employee performance management, development process, and tools is to optimize individual and institutional effectiveness at Goshen College. All employees at Goshen College are expected to perform their assignments competently and to participate actively in the life of the campus, community, and church. Appraisals after 90 days are required to be submitted to HR for administrative and staff employees.
See the employee handbook for specific review procedures and guidelines for teaching faculty.
Annual Appraisal Form
- GC Performance Appraisal Form with Goal Setting
- GC Performance Appraisal Form without Goal Setting
- GC Performance Management Guide
- GC Individual Development Plan Template
- GC Competencies Rubric
90-Day Appraisal Form
Work-Related Injury and Worker’s Compensation