Employee Affinity Groups
Employee affinity groups are employee-led and facilitated groups formed around backgrounds, identities and common bonds. They are one example of college-supported activities that employees are encouraged to participate in an effort to foster an inclusive community. They can contribute to a greater sense of belonging to the campus community, as well as employees’ ability to bring their whole and authentic selves to their work at Goshen College.
Current employee affinity groups:
- Black Employee Fellowship – This is a group made up of Black employees at Goshen College who gather on a monthly basis for lunch for a time of fellowship. The lunch is complementary and open to all Black employees at Goshen College.
- Latinx Conexión – This is a group made up of Latinx employees at Goshen College. Latinx employees meet on the second Wednesday of every month in the Westlawn Dining Hall for a time of catching up with other Latinx employees, strengthening friendships and bonds. The lunch is complementary and open to all Latinx employees at Goshen College.
Committee on DEI: Working Groups
- Facilitated by a DEI Officer
- Open to all employees
- 1-year commitment
- New members at end of each academic year
- Gather data, information, resources
- Make recommendations for Committee on DEI for consideration and action
Current Working Groups:
- Gender & Sexuality: facilitated by Marlene Penner
- Ability: facilitated by Adela Hufford
- Race and Class Awareness: facilitated by Cyneatha Millsaps and Aja Ellington