This minor can be combined with any major except music. Piano pedagogy is also available as a concentration within the music major.
Minor in piano pedagogy
22 credit hours
- Mus 201/202, Music Theory I & II 8
- Mus 204, Survey of Music Literature 3
- Mus 208, Introduction to Piano Pedagogy3
- Mus 310, Intermediate Piano Pedagogy 2
- Applied music: Piano 6
- Participate in or accompany a core ensemble at least four semesters NC
- Sophomore recital or project (may be given in junior or senior year) NC
Student learning outcomes
Graduates in music will:
- Demonstrate growth in musicianship and artistry for excellence in music performance.
- Demonstrate increased skills and knowledge for quality scholarship in music.
- Develop expertise toward effective pedagogies and leadership in music.
- Integrate performance skills, aesthetic understandings and academic work toward music’s service as an instrument of peacemaking and the deepening of Christian faith.
- Demonstrate preparedness for a vibrant career that includes using the musical arts for a positive contribution to society.