Vox Profundi (formerly the Goshen College Men’s Chorus), founded in January of 2004, follows in the long tradition of GC male singing groups beginning with the men’s glee clubs and the Rambler Quartet of the early 1900s. Vox Profundi performs music from all genres and time periods with special emphasis on sacred a cappella literature. The group performs in on-campus choral concerts and represent the college on periodic tours.
Scott Hochstetler, DMA, is professor of music at Goshen College, where he teaches in the choral, vocal and opera theater programs. He is also the musical director of St. Joseph Valley Camerata, an area professional choir. Previous appointments include Western Mennonite School (OR), the University of Michigan – Flint, and Corban College (OR).
Poor Man Laz’rus
|Vox Profundi||Spiritual, arr. Jester Hairston|
|Vox Profundi||Todd Smith, arr. Brad Holmes|
|Vox Profundi||Palestinian folk song, arr. Levi Smucker|
||Vox Profundi||Felix Mendelssohn|
2019-20 Concert Schedule
- Homecoming Music Gala: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- GC Combined Choirs and Symphony Orchestra: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- A Festival of Carols: Friday-Saturday, December 6-7, 2019, 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, December 8, 4:00 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- Winter Choral Concert: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- Low Voice Festival Concert: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- EARTHTONES: Songs from Many Cultures: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall