The Goshen College Chamber Choir is an auditioned group of 24-45 students performing secular and sacred music from the Medieval through Modern periods. The group is open to all majors and grade levels. In addition to performing with area and regional orchestras, the Chamber Choir performs numerous solo concerts both on and off campus during the school year.
Scott Hochstetler, DMA, is professor of music at Goshen College, where he teaches in the choral, vocal and opera theater programs. He is also the musical director of St. Joseph Valley Camerata, an area professional choir. Previous appointments include Western Mennonite School (OR), the University of Michigan – Flint, and Corban College (OR).
|Chamber Choir||Sergei Rachmaninoff|
“Beat, Beat Drums!” from Dona Nobis Pacem
|Chamber Choir||Ralph Vaughan Williams|
“Hymn to a Virgin”
|Chamber Choir||Benjamin Britten|
2019-20 Concert Schedule
- Homecoming Music Gala: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- GC Chamber Choir & St. Joseph Valley Camerata: Friday, October 25, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- GC Combined Choirs and Symphony Orchestra: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- A Festival of Carols: Friday-Saturday, December 6-7, 2019, 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, December 8, 4:00 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- Winter Choral Concert: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall
- EARTHTONES: Songs from Many Cultures: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Sauder Concert Hall