Front Desk Staff Job Description
Front Desk Staff personnel are responsible for providing customer service support for all RFC Members, Students, Faculty, and Patrons. Front desk staff reports to the Director of Student Life Operations with hours ranging from 8-24 hours per week.
- Responsible for regularly locking and unlocking the main doors for building openings and closing times.
- Responsible for checking in all RFC Community Members, collecting Membership Passes at the front desk.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new community memberships to the RFC.
- Supervise all community access to the facility 5 AM – 3 PM, Monday – Friday. (Staff Shifts range from 2-4 hours per day typically)
- Enforce RFC rules and regulations, monitoring access and the use of all stationary equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all RFC Front Desk Supplies and game equipment.
- Respond to all questions from RFC patrons regarding the use of the RFC.
- Maintain the appearance and neatness of all areas of the RFC; including weight rooms, upstairs track, upstairs lounge, turf room, and gymnasium.
- Report all RFC problems and potential work orders to the Director of Student Operations.
- Maintain inventory and laundering of all RFC towel supplies for community members.
- Report all security-related problems to Campus Safety in a timely manner.
- Be prompt for your scheduled work times.
- Communicate regularly with your supervisor regarding any potential delays or absences from work in a timely manner.
- Always wear provided RFC Staff Shirt while on duty at the RFC.
- Always maintain a clean front desk area, and attentive to the needs of our patrons.
- Avoid distractions while at the front desk including prolonged conversations with friends and/or other students preventing you from completing expected duties.
- Engage pleasantries with community members and students who enter the RFC i.e. make eye contact, greet them, and wish them well during the exit.
For students who have not worked a campus job before, please fill out the necessary tax forms here prior to your first day on the job.