Our Westlawn renovation project is underway and will create a new home for nursing and public health. Learn more and see updates
- Earned a Master of Science in Nursing from a CCNE- or NLNAC-accredited program or any master’s in a business/health related degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, MHA) from a regionally accredited school.
- If the applicant’s bachelor’s degree is not in nursing, the master’s degree must be in nursing.
- If the master’s degree is not in nursing, the Co-Directors will review the applicant’s transcripts and professional experience for evidence of meeting the MSN Essentials.
- Non-MSN applicants must be working in the field of nursing/healthcare (either directly or indirectly).
- The program may be longer than 33 credits if the master’s degree is not in nursing.
- Provide documentation of post-baccalaureate supervised practice hours from an accredited MSN program. If there are fewer than 400 supervised practice hours, the DNP program will be tailored to achieve the required 1,000 hours of post-baccalaureate supervised practice.
- Evidence of a current, unencumbered RN license in the state where the DNP project will be completed. (State of practice must be part of the SARA compact.)
- Transcripts from all previous academic work.
- Completed reference form from one (1) individual who is able to address the applicant’s ability to succeed in a DNP program.* Individuals completing the reference form should be from among the following:
- Nurse faculty member who has knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability;
- A professional work-related colleague or supervisor;
- If practicing as an APRN, at least one should be from an APRN;
- If practicing as a nurse leader/executive, one should be from a supervisor who can address the applicant’s leadership abilities.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Evidence of currency in nursing practice
- Interview with program co-directors via video conference
*Reference not required for graduates of Goshen College.
- A required residency is held within a few weeks of the beginning of the program.
- A final project presentation residency is held at the end of the program.