Parables, a worship ensemble from Goshen College, combines music, original drama and personal stories to create an engaging worship experience designed to inspire, comfort and challenge. The program for 2017-18 is developed by the eight student members, with direction and leadership from Dr. Debra Detwiler and administrative support from Dan Koop Liechty, Ph.D.
2017-18 Parables Members
- Rebecca Choi, a music education major from Arlington, MA.
- Aidan Friesen, an environmental science major/chemistry minor from Goshen, IN.
- Julian Harnish, a math major/music minor from Bluffton, OH.
- Yejin Kim, a music for social change and piano major/Spanish and art minor from Seoul, South Korea.
- Lauren Myers, a biology major/musical theater minor from North Manchester, IN.
- Matthew Smucker, a music education major/Spanish minor from Goshen, IN.
- Sharada Weaver, a nursing major/music minor from Hyattsville, MD.
- Jonah Yoder, an interdisciplinary studies (music, theater, entrepreneurship) major from Goshen, IN.
2017-18 Theme: Coming Soon!
2017-18 Schedule (more dates coming soon)
Aug. 27, 11:00 a.m. – New Student Service of Blessing, Schrock Plaza, Goshen College, Goshen, IN.
Aug. 30, 10:00 a.m. – Goshen College Opening Convocation, College Mennonite Church Sanctuary, Goshen, IN.
Sep. 20, 7:30 p.m. – Preview Program, Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.
Sep. 23, 10 a.m. – Performance stage at the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale, Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Goshen, IN.
Sep. 24, 7 p.m. – Michiana MCC Relief Sale Choir Concert (singing offertory during intermission), Sauder Concert Hall, Goshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.
Oct. 7, 8:30 a.m. – Homecoming Alumni Breakfast, College Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall, Goshen, IN.
Fall Break Tour (October 14-20): East Coast
Feb. 7, 6:00 p.m. – Pizza & Parables with area youth groups, Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.
Mar. 25, 9:30 a.m. – Goshen College, worship for Admitted Student Weekend, Goshen, IN.
Apr. 18, 7:30 p.m. – Goshen College Home Program, Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.