To comply with reporting requirements related to the CARES Act, Goshen College is providing the following information:
- Goshen College signed and returned the CARES Act Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education for student emergency grants on April 17, 2020. The agreement was accepted on April 20, and funded on May 13, 2020. Goshen College has used, and intends to use, no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Goshen College has received $396,456 of funding from the Department of Education pursuant to the College’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of June 13, 2020, Goshen College has distributed 262 grants totaling $206,281 under the CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1).
- Goshen College estimates that 730 students are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of June 13, 2020, 262 Goshen College have received Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Goshen College used an application process for eligible students to request emergency grants.
- Goshen College sent an email communication to students on April 23, 2020, and May 1, 2020, with information about the CARES Act Student Emergency grants. These emails are available on the COVID-19 emergency response page: https://www.goshen.edu/emergency/coronavirus/
- Goshen College distributed the remaining funds to PELL-eligible students on August 14, 2020.
The Goshen College COVID-19 Student Relief Fund was funded by the Federal Government’s Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, and through gifts from our generous alumni and donors.