What to do if you believe you have the flu
- Anyone with flu symptoms (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, body aches, headache, tiredness, diarrhea or vomiting) is being advised to limit their physical contact with others to slow the spread of the illness and seek appropriate medical assistance.
- Students who exhibit flu-like symptoms should immediately contact Goshen Family Physicians, which serves as the primary medical service provider for students. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (574) 534-8200 or (574) 534-0050. Non-residential students with flu-like symptoms will be encouraged to go home.
- In case of an after-hours emergency, students are being advised to contact their resident director or resident assistant or go directly to the IU Health Goshen Hospital emergency department.
- Faculty and staff with flu symptoms are being asked to contact their health care providers and remain at home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medicine.
- Employees or their supervisors should contact the Human Resources Office to report absences due to flu like symptoms.
- Students should contact parents/family members and advise them they are taking the necessary steps to restore their health.