COVID-19 Info & Updates
With the health, safety and well-being of all members of the Goshen College community, our broader community and the world being our highest priority, the college continues to closely monitor the risks of the COVID-19 pandemic to our students, faculty and staff. This website will be updated regularly to reflect new developments.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms, a positive test result or exposure to some who tested positive?
Whether you are a student or an employee, please use this form to notify the campus about your symptoms and condition (including COVID-19 test results, exposure to someone who tested positive, etc.). A campus advocate will be in touch with you as soon as possible about the next steps. Please remain in quarantine/isolation until you have spoken to your assigned advocate.
COVID-19 Non-Compliance Report Form
Students and employees can use this form to report anonymously those who are violating the Goshen College COVID Pledge. Students or employees who are not following the COVID-related policies and guidance can become subject to disciplinary measures. This includes not wearing a mask inside of buildings, not practicing appropriate physical distancing or breaking the COVID-19 visitor/guest policy in the residence halls.
Goshen College’s 2020 COVID-19 Plan: Fostering a Culture of Common Good, Kindness, Trust and Learning
- Introduction, by President Stoltzfus
- Goshen College COVID Pledge
- Prevention: The Big Four
- What to Do If You Have COVID-19 Symptoms
- Student Life
- Employees and Their Workplace
- The Big Four: Your responsibilities (Updated 8.7.20)
- Mandatory Face Masks on Campus During the COVID-19 Pandemic Policy (Updated 8.6.20)
- PDF en español (Added 8.25.20)
- Daily Self-Screening Checklist (Updated 7.29.20)
- PDF en español (Added 8.25.20)
- COVID-19 Request for Remote Learning (Added 7.22.20)
- Standard Precautions for Working on Campus (Added 7.17.20)
- Visitor Safety Guidelines (PDF in English & español, Updated 6.15.20)
- Archive: COVID-19 Campus Updates (chronological)
- Student Life messages of campus support (Updated 6.12.20)
- Archive: Employee communications regarding COVID-19 (Updated 7.17.20)
- GC’s COVID-19 news and feature stories
- GC virtual backgrounds for Zoom
- CARES Act COVID-19 Student Relief Fund reporting (Updated 8.19.20)
- Current Indiana COVID-19 data
- NEW Indiana COVID-19 response requirements (until 12.12.20). NOTE: Elkhart County is currently RED (as of 11.18.20).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 information and resources
Open Offices and Hours
Consult goshen.edu/contact for clarity about which offices are open to the public, how to schedule appointments and their hours of operation.
COVID-19 testing site: There is a COVID-19 Mobile Testing Site on campus. It is run by Maple City Health Care Center and is located in the College Mennonite Church parking lot. It is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (last appointment at 4:45 p.m.) and closed 12-1 p.m. for lunch (no appointment required, 15 minutes for results, drive-in). For more information, contact: Maple City Health Care Center (574-534-3300, email@example.com).
Contact our Pandemic Task Force (PTF)
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pandemic Task Force Members:
- Dr. Gilberto Perez, Jr., vice president for student life (chair)
- Kevin Miller, BSN, MPH, major gift officer (lead campus contact tracer and PTF coordinator)
- Dr. Rebecca Stoltzfus, president
- Jodi Beyeler, vice president for communication and people strategy
- Dr. Beth Martin Birky, associate academic dean
- Cynthia Good Kaufmann, interim director of facilities and director of events
- Wesley Beck, a sophomore chemistry and secondary education major from Goshen
- Eden George, a senior psychology major from Bangalore, India
- Ronit Goswami, a junior exercise science major from Goshen
- Katja Norton, a senior nursing major from Goshen