Some frequently asked questions by Goshen College students:
- I have credit on my account. How do I get that money?
- I use NELNET for monthly payments and I have a credit balance. Why can’t those credit funds be released to me?
- Can I use the credit on my account to pay for books?
- My account was supposed to be paid in full. Why does it show there is a balance due?
- What are the finance charges on my account?
- What is the $65 late check-in fee?…$75 late payment fee?
- Why does my church aid or church aid match not show on my account?
- What are the meal plan requirements and options?
- What is this charge?
1. I have credit on my account. How do I get that money?
You may request a refund to clear your account through MyGC. Requests must be received by 4:30 pm Tuesday to receive a refund after 1:30 p.m. Friday. Only one refund per semester is allowed, except when additional financial aid is transferred. No refunds are issued if there is an incomplete payment plan, pending charges, or additional scholarships not yet applied. Goshen College refunds will be issued via e-check through Paymerang. You have the choice of printing a check on plain paper, or submitting the check to your financial institution electronically. When you receive an email from Paymerang, read the instructions and click on the “open this check” button to get started. Click here for more information on refunds, including percentage of refund allowed when based on dropped classes.
2. I use Nelnet for monthly payments and I have a credit balance. Why can’t those credit funds be released to me?
If you use the monthly payment plan, funds are received monthly as you make your payment. Thus, until the contracted amount is paid in full and Goshen College has received the funds, the excess cannot be returned to you. You may contact the Accounting Office and the contract can be adjusted at no charge.
3. Can I use the credit on my account to pay for books?
During the first week of each semester you may use the credit balance on your account at the Follett Bookstore to purchase books.
4. My account was supposed to be paid in full. Why does it show there is a balance due?
Check your statement of account against your financial aid award letter. If an award amount is not showing on your account, contact the Financial Aid office.
5. What are the finance charges on my account?
Your account balance must be paid in full by the due date for each semester. If your balance is not paid in full, finance charges are assessed on the balance owing until the account is paid in full.
6. What is the $65 late check-in fee?…$75 late payment fee?
All students must go through final check-in on Final Check-In Day. A $65 late check in fee is charged to any student who does not go through check-in on Final Check-In Day but checks in later during the week. A $75 late payment fee is charged when a student does not make the required payment by the due date each semester. Check your account statements for due dates.
7. Why does my church aid or church aid match not show on my account?
Church aid is applied to the account when the check is received from the church. Contact your church to see if the check has been sent. Church aid match is applied to the account after the church aid check has been received and processed. If the church aid shows but not the match, contact the Financial Aid office.
8. What are the meal plan requirements and options?
Meal plans are required of all students living on campus. The Carte Blanche meal plan is available to anyone. The 65-block plan is available to students living in small group housing, on junior/senior floors, or in the student apartments. The 30 meal plan is only available to commuters or students with a senior discount.
9. What is this charge?
- library fine
- traffic fine
- check out charge
Contact the office that generated the charge: Library, Physical Plant, or Student Life. The charges are sent from the different offices to the accounting office for posting to an account.