Accounts Receivable Policy (student accounts – excerpt)
- All Goshen College students are required to keep current on their accounts, regardless of class, program, or degree. Accounts must be paid in full or have a payment plan in place to cover the entire cost of the semester by the due date.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all tuition and fees are received by Goshen College, not just postmarked, prior to each semester’s due date.
- Administrative, clerical or technical billing errors do not absolve the student of their financial responsibility to pay the correct amount of tuition, fees and other associated financial obligations assessed as a result of their registration at Goshen College.
- Students who owe for previous semesters will be removed from class rosters immediately after the due date for the upcoming semester, unless a special waiver is granted by the Accounting Office.
- If a payment plan failure or loss of financial aid occurs mid-semester, the student has two weeks to set up a new payment plan with the Accounting Office. Failure to do so may result in being removed from current class rosters.
- See the Financial Responsibility Agreement for more detailed information.
- Check requests for credit balances must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday to be issued on Friday of the same week. Checks are issued one time per semester unless additional financial aid creates another credit balance.
- The Cashier is located in the Accounting Office – AD 10.
- Local bank information
Accounts Payable Policies (Faculty/Staff Only)
- Weekly payments of invoices and requisitions are generated every Friday. To have a payment processed Friday, requests must be in the accounting office no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday. Requests received on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will be processed for payment on the following Friday. Please bring authorized payment requests, with receipts and other supporting documents, to the accounting office. PLEASE NOTE: email requests will not be honored.
Policy on Disclosure of Student Account Information
- A student may get tuition account information at any time either in person or on the phone, with the presentation of the student ID number. Account information is also available online via your myGC web portal.
- Monthly account balance notices are emailed to students and those they authorized to receive account information. Students have the option of having the tuition account statement sent to ONE other address by using your myGC web portal. This authorizes Goshen College to discuss the account information with the person(s) whose name(s) are listed. A parent may get his/her student’s account information only if the student has authorized that statements be sent to the parent. A parent must have the student’s ID number if the request is made over the phone.
- A parent who wants a student’s account information and has not been authorized by the student on the myGC web portal should contact the student and ask the student to grant access via the myGC web portal.