At Goshen, social work majors find many opportunities on campus and in the community, including a mandatory senior internship. Through coursework and supervised practice experiences, social work majors develop the skills needed to succeed in graduate school or the professional world of social work.
More than 90 percent of GC social work alumni in graduate school have been granted advanced standing in their programs, and 94 percent of GC social work majors achieve the program’s competency benchmarks.
According to alumni surveys, 97 percent of social work alumni are satisfied or very satisfied with their undergraduate education, and in recent years, every single social work graduate who sought employment was employed within four months of graduation.
• Goshen College
• Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis
• University of Indianapolis
• Ball State University
• Valparaiso University
• Saint Mary’s College
• Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion
The Zippia ranking looks at the following data from the NCES (National Center For Education Statistics) and College Scorecard data from ED.gov to understand what Social Work departments offer the best career opportunities:
- Career Results
- Mean Earnings After 6 Years
- Mean Earnings After 10 Years
- Ratio of people working to not working after 10 years
- Social Work Emphasis
- Percentage of Graduating Class That Are Social Work Majors (Larger the better)
- School Performance
- Admissions Rate (More selective the better)
- Graduation Rate
- Average Cost Of Attendance (Lower is better)
- Median amount of debt