Goshen College welcomes new employees for the 2017-18 school year, some of whom were hired and began their duties earlier this year.
New Teaching Faculty:
- Ruth Mischler is an assistant professor in the Sustainability and Environmental Education Department (SEED) at Merry Lea. She holds a bachelor’s degree in environmental science from Lipscomb University (2006) and a master’s degree in agronomy from the Pennsylvania State University (2009).
- John Mischler is the director of the Agroecology Summer Intensive (ASI) and assistant professor in the Sustainability and Environmental Education Department (SEED) at Merry Lea. He holds a bachelor’s degree in physics and geology from Augustana College (2005), a master’s degree in geosciences from the Pennsylvania State University (2009) and a doctoral degree in ecology and evolutionary biology from the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research (INSTAAR) at the University of Colorado (2014).
- Christie Rogers-Stacy is an associate professor of marketing. She holds an associate’s degree from the University of Cincinnati and a bachelor’s degree in media and public communication from Purdue University (2011). She received her master’s degree in professional communication from Purdue in 2014.
- Kylee Rohatgi is an assistant professor of nursing. She holds a bachelor’s of science degree in nursing from Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions. She is earning her master’s degree as a family nurse practitioner from Goshen College.
- Juan Carlos Ruiz-Guajardo is a visiting professor of biology. He holds a bachelor’s degree in biology and wildlife management from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (2002), and a master’s degree in applied ecology and conservation from the University of East Anglia (2003). He holds a doctoral degree in ecology and evolutionary biology from the University of Edinburgh (2009) and is currently based at the University of California－Davis in the department of evolution and ecology.
New Administrative Faculty or Staff (.5 FTE or higher):
- Orion Blaha is a systems maintenance tech. He is a 2011 Goshen College graduate.
- Elizabeth Bontrager is an administrative assistant in the Mennonite Historical Library. She is a 1985 Goshen College graduate.
- Linda Davidson is a payroll specialist and human resources administrative assistant.
- Emily Hahn is a residence life coordinator.
- Brook Hostetter is an admissions counselor. She is a 2013 Goshen College graduate.
- Grant Miller is an administrative assistant for the Institute for the Study of Global Anabaptism. He is a 2013 Goshen College graduate.
- Emily Osborne is an assistant athletic trainer.
- Sally Ponce is a cashier and an administrative assistant for the office of student services. She is a 2017 Goshen College graduate.
- Andrew Snyder is a marketing coordinator in the athletics office. He is a 2017 Goshen College graduate.
- Gregory Sommers is an assistant controller and student accounts manager. He is a 1985 Goshen College graduate.
- Stephanie Swartzendruber Snyder is an admissions counselor. She is a 2014 Goshen College graduate.
Seven employees retired in 2017. These include: Carol Miller, administrative assistant in the Mennonite Historical Library; Clay Shetler, physical plant director; Skip Barnett, associate professor of English; Carolyn Schrock-Shenk, professor of peace, justice and conflict studies; Patty Eash, advancement office administrative assistant; Dean Rhodes, professor of Spanish; and Galen Bontrager, physical plant systems supervisor.