Performance: Canadian Brass
Date: Sept. 16, 2017
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Goshen College Music Centre’s Sauder Concert Hall
Cost: $45, $40, $30
Continuing on its serendipitous musical journey, three time Grammy award-winning quintet Canadian Brass will grace the Sauder Concert Hall stage on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
Canadian Brass has been at the forefront of innovation in the world of chamber music for over 47 years, having brought an entirely new way of experiencing the beauty of brass to listeners around the globe.The renowned group offers a seamless blend of work from Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach, Monteverdi and Beethoven to Taylor Swift and Coldplay.
The quintet is made up of five talented musicians: visionary founder, tuba legend and business specialist Chuck Daellenbach, plus four top brass stars: Caleb Hudson and Christopher Coletti (trumpets), Achilles Liarmakopoulos (trombone) and Bernhard Scully (horn).
In its 47th season, Canadian brass has played in virtually every major concert hall to packed houses and have delighted hundreds of millions of listeners with more than 137 recordings and videos throughout the U.S., Canada, Japan and Europe and have truly earned the distinction of “the world’s most famous brass group”. The ensemble is credited with the flood of interest in brass concerts, in the awareness and expansion of brass repertoire, is almost single-handedly responsible for elevating the art of the brass quintet to what it is today.
Tickets are $40, $35 or $25 and can be purchased through the Goshen College Box Office (574-535-7566, email@example.com) or online.
Upcoming concerts in the performance art series include:
- Saturday, October 14, 2017, 7:30 p.m. － Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017, 7:30 p.m. － Time for Three
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, 7:30 p.m. － The Knights
- Friday, Dec. 8, 2017, 7:30 p.m. － Chanticleer
- Friday, Feb. 9, 2018, 7:30 p.m. － Yamato: The Drummers of Japan
- Saturday, March 3, 2018, 7:30 p.m. － The Chieftains
- Sunday, April 15, 2018, 7:30 p.m. － The Wailin’ Jennys
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 － Audra McDonald (this performance has been moved from Feb. 23, 2018, due to a last-minute conflict with Ms. McDonald’s filming schedule for the CBS All-Access series The Good Fight. We apologize for the inconvenience.)