Goshen College welcomes new employees for the 2016-17 school year, some of whom were hired and began their duties earlier this year.
New Teaching Faculty:
Kristen Entwistle is a visiting assistant professor of chemistry. She is a 2012 Gordon College graduate and completed her graduate work in biochemistry and molecular biology at Michigan State University in May 2016.
Philipp Gollner is an assistant professor of U.S. history. He graduated from Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich in 2006, received his master of divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary Orlando in 2009, completed his master of social sciences from the University of Chicago in 2010, his master of history from the University of Notre Dame in 2013 and his doctorate in 2016.
Anna Kurtz Kuk is an assistant professor of theater. She is a 2007 graduate of Creighton University and earned her master’s degree at Virginia Commonwealth University in 2011.
Patricia Peebles is an assistant professor of nursing. She completed a master’s degree in nursing education from Chamberlain College of Nursing in 2016.
Argelia Saldivar is an assistant professor of Spanish. She studied Spanish literature at Purdue University, where she completed a master’s degree in 2011 and a doctoral degree in 2016.
Ellah Wakatama Allfrey is a visiting professor of English. She is a 1988 Goshen College graduate and later earned a master’s degree in communication and information studies from Rutgers University.
New adjunct professors include: Molly Buckwalter Fairfield, adjunct professor of Chinese; Rebecca Cartwright, adjunct instructor of music; Deb Cotton, adjunct professor of mathematics; Karen Horvath, adjunct professor of American Sign Language; Linda Kline, adjunct professor of nursing; Debra Mayer, adjunct instructor of music; Devon Miller, adjunct professor of nursing; Agnes Odhiambo, adjunct professor of Swahili; Edward Randles, adjunct instructor of music; Demetrius Robertson, adjunct professor of nursing; Benjamin Runkel, adjunct professor of music; Heidi Stoffel, adjunct professor of nursing; Kevin Vaughn, adjunct instructor of nursing; Anika Wedel, adjunct professor of nursing; Pearl Yoder, adjunct professor of education.
New Administrative Faculty or Staff (.5 FTE or higher):
- Erica Albertin is the head athletic trainer.
- Veronica Berkey is the administrative assistant for social work, sociology and anthropology, and art. She is a 1992 Goshen College graduate.
- Kristen Burkholder is a custodian in the physical plant.
- Hannah Canaviri is an academic counselor. She is a 2012 Goshen College graduate.
- Daniel Davis is director of campus safety and security.
- Abigail Deaton is an assistant producer with FiveCore Media. She is a 2015 Goshen College graduate.
- Alina Demchuck is a custodian in the physical plant.
- Olga Demchuck is a custodian in the physical plant.
- Christina Farley is a custodial team leader in the physical plant.
- Lauri Flowers is a custodian in the physical plant.
- Lauren Glynn is audio visual operations manager.
- Kevin Hall is administrative coordinator for graduate programs in nursing.
- Justin Heinzekehr is director of institutional research, assessment and effectiveness. He is a 2006 Goshen College graduate.
- Jan Kauffman is the registrar. She is a 1990 Goshen College graduate.
- Heidi Lovellette is an administrative assistant for financial aid.
- Diane Horst Miller is administrative assistant for student life. She attended Goshen College in 1974-75.
- Kali Miller is an intern assistant resident director.
- Angelyn Miranda is the advancement database and reporting manager.
- Jason “Mitch” Mitchell is the assistant director of residence life.
- Abigail Nafziger is an instruction and reference librarian. She is a 2006 Goshen College graduate.
- Rustin Nyce is the head track and field coach, cross country coach and assistant athletic director. He is a 2002 Goshen College graduate.
- Lacey Pfeiffer is the admissions event and outreach manager.
- Rhoda Stoesz is a custodian in the physical plant. She is a 1997 Goshen College graduate.
- Kaitlyn Stoltzfus is an environmental educator and public program coordinator.
- Marcos Stoltzfus is the director of environmental education outreach. He is a 2006 Goshen College graduate.
- Kellam Venosky is an admissions operations and office assistant.