Contents of Volume XCI
April 2017 Number Two
Overview by John D. Roth, editor
- “The Right Kind of Education and Perhaps Re-education”: C. Henry Smith, Mennonite Schooling, and the Uses of a Usable Past
- From Goshen to Delano: Toward a Relational Mennonite Studies
- Michael Horsch and the Rhön Bruderhof, 1936–1937: From Friend to Hostile Witness to Historical Eyewitness
- Research Note: The 1938 Edition of Martyrs Mirror: Why Only Fifty-Five Luyken Images?
News and Announcements
- Ojwang, Francis S., ed. Forward in Faith: History of the Kenya Mennonite Church. A Seventy-Year Journey, 1942-2012.
Reviewed by Joe Sawatzky
- Louden, Mark L. Pennsylvania Dutch: The Story of an American Language.
Reviewed by Elly van Gelderen
- Lichty, Richard J. An Increase in Time: Story Lines of Germantown Mennonite Church and Its Historic Trust, 1683-2005.
Reviewed by Rich Preheim
- Çatalbaş, Resul. Radikal Reformistler: Hıristiyanlıkta Anabaptist Hareket [Radical Reformers: Anabaptist Movement in Christianity].
Reviewed by Kenan Cetinkaya
- Sensenig, Peter M. Peace Clan: Mennonite Peacemaking in Somalia.
Reviewed by Alain Epp Weaver
- Gingrich, Luann Good. Out of Place: Social Exclusion and Mennonite Migrants in Canada.
Reviewed by Dawn S. Bowen
- Yoder Neufeld, David. Common Witness: A Story of Ministry Partnership between French and North American Mennonites, 1953-2003.
Reviewed by Alan Kreider
- Mackay, Christopher S. False Prophets and Preachers. Henry Gresbeck’s Account of the Anabaptist Kingdom of Münster.
Reviewed by James M. Stayer
- Jantzen, Mark, Mary S. Sprunger, and John D. Thiesen eds. European Mennonites and the Challenge of Modernity over Five Centuries: Contributors, Detractors, and Adapters.
Reviewed by John Eicher
- Juhnke, James C. A People of Two Kingdoms II: Stories of Kansas Mennonites in Politics.
Reviewed by Jay Price
- Moore, Charles, ed. Called to Community: The Life Jesus Wants for His People.
- Rempel, John D. and Paul Tiessen, eds. Forever Summer, Forever Sunday:Peter Gerhard Rempel’s Photographs of Mennonites in Russia, 1890-1917.
- Lundström, Kertin, Polemik in den Schriften Melchoir Hoffmans: Inszenierungen rehtorischer Streitkultur in der Reformationszeit
This page and all its contents © The Mennonite Quarterly Review. All rights reserved.
E-mail The Mennonite Quarterly Review: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: (574) 535-7433
Fax: (574) 535-7438