Contents of Volume XCII
April 2018 Number Two
Overview by John D. Roth, editor
- “In Life and in Death”: Barth, Bonhoeffer, and the Path from the Great War to the Confessing Church
- “A Small World Power”: How the Nazi Regime Viewed Mennonites
- The War Diary of Jakob Guenther, Bendsburg, Upper Silesia, Germany
James Urry, ed.
- Chronology of Events during the National Socialist Era in the Mennonite Settlements in Paraguay
Hans Theodore Regier
- The Ideological Nature of the Division in the Mennonite Brethren Church of Fernheim and the Public Act of Reconciliation
Heinz Dieter Giesbrecht
- Paraguay’s Mennonites and the Struggle Against Fascism: A Global Historical Approach to the Nazi Era
- How the Fernheimers Learned to Speak About the Nazi Era: The Long Historical Echo of a Conflict
- Michael Horsch: A Victim of His Nationalist Sympathies? A Response to Thomas Nauerth
News and Announcements
- Trollinger, Susan L., and William Vance Trollinger Jr. Righting America at the Creation Museum.
Reviewed by Ryan Sensenig
- Urban-Mead, Wendy. The Gender of Piety: Family, Faith, and Colonial Rule in Matabeleland, Zimbabwe.
Reviewed by Eiliakim M. Sibanda
- Burkholder, J. Lawrence, edited by Myrna Burkholder. Recollections of a Sectarian Realist: A Mennonite Life in the Twentieth Century.
Reviewed by Malinda Elizabeth Berry
- Krall, Ruth Elizabeth, with Lisa Schirch. Living on the Edge of the Edge: Letters to a Younger Colleague.
Reviewed by Susanne Guenther Loewen
- Kobelt-Groch, Marion and Astrid von Schlachta, eds. Mennoniten in der NS-Zeit: Stimmen. Lebenssituationen, Erfahrungen.
- Zapff, Hauptrecht, edited by Martin Rothkegel. Johannes der Evangelist über alle Kapital Erklärt: Ein Täuferischer Bibelkommentar von 1597.
- Freeman, Curtis W. Undomesticated Dissent: Democracy and the Public Virtue of Religious Nonconformity.
- Stover, Philip R. Religion and Revolution in Mexico’s North: Even Unto Death . . . Tengamos Fe.
- Regehr, John. Still Daring to Hope.
This page and all its contents © The Mennonite Quarterly Review. All rights reserved.
E-mail The Mennonite Quarterly Review: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: (574) 535-7433
Fax: (574) 535-7438