Contents of Volume LXXXIX
January 2015 Number One
In this Issue
- “Defanging the Beast”: Mennonite Responses to John Howard Yoder’s Sexual Abuse
Rachel Waltner Goossen
- Sexual Abuse by Church Leaders and Healing for Victims
Carolyn Holderread Heggen
- Congregational Responses to Abuse and Trauma: The Persistent Hope of Shalom
- Naming the Pain, Seeking the Light: The Mennonite Church’s Response to Sexual Abuse
Linda Gehman Peachey
- Seventy Times Seven: Abuse and the Frustratingly Extravagant Call To Forgive
Gayle Gerber Koontz
- Anabaptist Re-Vision: On John Howard Yoder’s Misrecognized Sexual Politics
- By What Criteria Does a “Grand, Noble Experiment” Fail? What the Case of John Howard Yoder Reveals about the Mennonite Church
Paul Martens and David Cramer
- Review Essay: Hans-Juergen Goertz, John Howard Yoder: Radikaler Pazifismus im Gespraech
- Yoder, John Howard. Gayle Gerber Koontz and Andy Alexis-Baker, eds. Theology of Mission: A Believers Church Perspective.
Reviewed by Matthew Kraybill
- Siegrist, Anthony G. Participating Witness: An Anabaptist Theology of Baptism and the Sacramental Character of the Church.
Reviewed by Gayle Gerber Koontz
- Loewen, Royden. Village among Nations: “Canadian” Mennonites in a Transnational World, 1916-2006.
Reviewed by Robyn Sneath
- James, Randy. Why Cows Need Names, and More Secrets of Amish Farms.
Reviewed by Caroline Brock
- York, Tripp and Andy Alexis-Baker, eds. A Faith Embracing All Creatures: Addressing Commonly Asked Questions about Christian Care for Animals.
Reviewed by Trevor Bechtel
- Daniel Colucciello Barber. Deleuze and the Naming of God: Post-Secularism and the Future of Immanence.
Reviewed by David Driedger
- Squarzina, Silvia Danesi. Giovinezza di Rembrandt. La committenza mennonita.
Reviewed by Ivan J. Kauffman
- Book Notes
Swartley, Willard M. Living Gift: John’s Jesus in Meditation and Poetry, Art and Song.
This page and all its contents © The Mennonite Quarterly Review. All rights reserved.
E-mail The Mennonite Quarterly Review: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: (574) 535-7433
Fax: (574) 535-7438