We regularly invite various segments of the campus community to participate in surveys addressing a wide range of issues.
If you are considering running a survey on campus, we are eager to work with you. Specifically, we can:
- Provide guidelines and best practices in designing your survey
- Assist with using Qualtrics, our campus survey tool
- Provide targeted mailing lists from the campus database
- Archive your data
- Assist with data analysis and reporting
For some basic tips on survey design, download Highlights from Mail & Internet Surveys, by Dillman, Smyth & Christian (2008)
Results of many of our surveys are available to the campus via shared Google Drive folders. Department specific results are posted in each department’s respective assessment Google Drive folder; institutional results are posted in the Assessment & Institutional Research Campus Surveys Folder.
Regularly Administered Surveys
Regularly administered surveys follow a two- or three-year cycle. See more on our survey schedule.
- HERI CIRP Freshmen Survey
- HERI College Senior Survey
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI)
- HERI Faculty Survey
- General education survey
- Graduate recent alumni survey
- Undergraduate recent alumni survey
- First-destination survey of graduates
Ad Hoc Surveys
A variety of one-time surveys have been administered on campus (dates and sponsors noted in parenthesis):
- Campus Health Services(2011 FA, Bill Born) – Student Life conducted a survey as part of their evaluation of the new (2011) agreement with Goshen Family Physicians (GFP) for providing campus health services.
- MSW Feasibility(2011 FA, Carol Jarvis) – Social Work department polled alumni to see how interested they were in graduate-level social work study.
- Student Spiritual Formation(2010-11, Bob Yoder, Campus Pastor) – CITL-funded research on student spiritual formation.
- Alumni Survey/Anthem Study (2010 Fall, GC Board of Directors) – A comprehensive survey of alumni to gather data on the anthem issue. Also included general questions (for assessment purposes) and info update for college relations database.
- Departmental alumni surveys (2004, Accreditation Team) – Many academic departments surveyed alumni in preparation for the 2005 NCA/HLC site visit.