As part of the Enrollment Management and Marketing Division, the Communications and Marketing Office (formerly the Public Relations Office) provides strategic coordination and implementation of communication and marketing in multiple mediums to advance Goshen College’s core values, mission and vision. As communication professionals, we partner with academic departments and campus offices to reach Goshen College’s diverse external audiences with timely, informative, effective and creative messages.
Services we provide
The Communications and Marketing Office provides a full range of goods and services to help promote your department, office or event.
- Advertising, including conceptualization, content (text, photos), design and placement
- Copy and news writing, editing and proofreading for publications, websites and social media
- Boilerplate paragraphs for use in press releases, grant writing and other forms or publications
- Communication planning, project management and crisis communication
- HTML email content, design and distribution for communication and marketing purposes
- Graphic design for print, online, social media and promotional items
- News media relations, including the reporting and writing of stories, news releases, news media monitoring, enhancing news media relationships and communicating for the college during crises
- Photography for news, publications, emails, web pages and social media
- Promotional items for institutional purposes as well as for departments and offices
- Public relations to enhance relationships between the college and its constituents
- Social media advising, content, design monitoring and relationship building. Visit the social media directory to get a sense of how others are using social tools to promote and share.
- Visual identity, including the use of the college’s font, colors, logo and design standards
- Website content, design, development and advising for goshen.edu and other GC websites