Goshen College’s Homecoming Weekend is Oct. 7-9, 2016.
[See the full schedule]
Homecoming is all about the Goshen College family. That’s why, this year for the first time, we’re incorporating Grandparents Day into the Homecoming activities. Along with alumni, grandparents, parents and siblings of current students are invited to campus for this exciting reunion weekend!
Weekend activities (among many others) include:
- Homecoming convocation and alumni awards reception
- Special faculty presentations
- 50th class banquet (1966)
- Goshen’s First Friday activities – downtown
- Family bike ride
- Peace plays (also Saturday and Sunday)
- Homecoming visit day (for high school students)
- Alumni and family breakfast
- Class reunions
- Ultimate Frisbee tournament
- Soccer game
- Art department exhibit and reception
- Hymn sing
- Family and alumni picnic
- Music gala
Class reunion years:
(Note the links go to unique Facebook groups for each class. Please join.)
You may attend a class reunion of your choice, regardless of your graduation year. Feel free to attend weekend activities even if you do not have a reunion. We will not be holding the 5th or 15th year class reunions (classes of 2011 and 2001) in 2016.
Blocks of rooms have been held at the following hotels:
Comfort Inn Phone: (574) 533-0200
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phone: (574) 535-9200
For the group rate, make your reservation by Sept. 1 and identify yourself as an alum of Goshen College.
Homecoming Weekend 2015
Thank you to all who joined us for Homecoming Weekend 2015 (October 2-4). Save the date for October 7-9, 2016!
- 2015 alumni awardees: The 2015 Culture for Service Awards were presented to Kathy Short ’75, of Tucson, Arizona and Aliko Songolo ’68, of Madison, Wisconsin. The 2015 Young Alumni Servant Leadership Award was presented to Sonia Graber ’00, of Denver, Colorado. The 2015 Dr. Ruth Gunden Champion of Character Award went to Alice Gunden Bender ’80 of Washington, D.C., and the Dr. Roman Gingerich Champion of Character Award went to Ken Pletcher ’70, of Goshen.
View photos from past Homecomings
- - Alumni Awards, First Friday, alumni dinner, music gala and other Homecoming Weekend events.
- - Includes Alumni Awards ceremony, Lavender Jazz at Goshen First Fridays, class reunions, book signings, Homecoming picnic, Homecoming Music Gala and other activities.
- - View class reunion photos for classes of 2003, 1993, 1988, 1983, 1978, 1973, 1966, 1963, 1958, 1953 and 1948. View photos of the alumni awardees and from events of the weekend.
- - Class reunion photos for classes of 2002, 1992, 1987, 1982, 1977, 1972, 1967, 1962, 1957, 1952 and 1947. View photos of the alumni awardees and from events of the weekend.
- - Check out the class reunion photos from our most recent homecoming event
- - Class reunion photos for classes of 1945, 1950, 1955, 1960, 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 2000. View photos of the alumni awardees and from events of the weekend.
- - Find reunion photos for the classes of 1959, 1969, 1984, and 1999. Checkout photos from the weekend's activities: Art Exhibit, One Acts, First Friday, Music Gala, Hymn Sing, Run/Walk, Kid's Activities, Volleyball, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, Nursing Conference, Environmental Workshops, Merry Lea Field Trip, Alumni Awards, Breakfast, and Picnic.
- - Class reunion photos for the years 1943, 1958, 1968, 1983, and 1998. View photos from the weekend's activities: Lavender Jazz: Sings & Swings, Hour After, Hymn Sing, 40th Anniversary of Study-Service Term, Alumni picnic, 50th Anniversary of WGCS 91.1FM, Men's Soccer Celebrates 50 Years, Back to the Classroom and Award Recipient Seminars, Kid's activities, Alumni Association Breakfast, Fall Classic 3K Walk and 5K Run, Art exhibit reception, Music Gala, Peace Plays, and Alumni awards.
- - Featuring photos of the classes of 1957, 1967, 1982, and 1997. Find Photos from this weekend's activities: Art Reception, Music Gala, and One Act Plays, Alumni Association Breakfast, Walk/Run, Soccer, Volleyball, and Tennis, Kids' Activities, 'Back to the Classroom' Seminars, Ron Stutzman Memorial Dedication, Alumni Awards Ceremony, and Hymn Sing.
- - View photos from class reunions, as well as this weekend's activities, including the Men's basketball reunion, classroom seminars, Mary Oyer celebration, and the alumni awards.